Introduce Yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a beginner I've noticed that everyone is extremely welcoming and helpful, always aiming for generosity with song help and always quirky. Maybe its the influence of the small Ukulele or maybe that people who pick up the Ukulele are in their own category of AWESOME!!! Unlike guitar forums or any other instrument rather than helping its mostly criticizing peoples abilities and that's just wrong. So with that in mind Ukulele is my newest and most favourite instrument that I've received!

Welome Sammy!

It's the ALOHA brudda!!!!!

I'm Roy, from and residing in Michigan. Got my first uke a couple weeks ago and am pretty sure there hasn't been a day where I haven't played it yet (already thinking of getting a 2nd one :p). Look forward to hanging around here a bunch.

Just want to say hi to everyone, so:

Hi everyone!

I'm from good old Germany. Last week I decided to go and buy a uke – I still don't know exactly why I did that, but I did. Got a cheap one cause I didn't know how serious I was gonna be about learning to play. Well, I think I'm totally hooked already.

I've never played anything with strings on it before and I can't sing at all, so be warned in case I decide to make a video one day.

However, I really think this forum (and the site of course) is great and I'm looking forward to be a part of it.
</inaugural address>

I'm from good old Germany...Got a cheap one cause I didn't know how serious I was gonna be about learning to play.
Well, once you get hooked you have some very fine ukulele makers like Risa and Brueko waiting to help you lighten your wallet. Lucky you!

G'day and Aloha

Hi greetings from Australia everyone .

Im a recent convert to ukulele and now suddenly discover i have a new drug that needs to be picked up every day and strummed , i just cant help myself , i hope i will be able to find peace one day but at this stage having found this site and forum i realize its "ukulele crack heaven " a curse on you all and many many thanks.
ps
cant wait to pick her up again already ...must resist urge and keep typing ...must resssssssiiiisssstttttt

Aloha everyone! I just thought I'd introduce myself.

Name: Jake
I've been playing ukulele for: About a week as of right now.

I've played guitar off and on for four years, mainly focusing on finger picking, strumming technique, and a little use of the pick (I've also played clarinet for five years, sax for two, and piano for about two,). So there's my music background.
I'm REALLY looking forward to the community here! I've already noticed you are all amazingly cool.

Aloha everyone! I just thought I'd introduce myself.

Name: Jake
I've been playing ukulele for: About a week as of right now.

I've played guitar off and on for four years, mainly focusing on finger picking, strumming technique, and a little use of the pick (I've also played clarinet for five years, sax for two, and piano for about two,). So there's my music background.
I'm REALLY looking forward to the community here! I've already noticed you are all amazingly cool.

awesome dude.. I'm a saxophone player myself

i play a couple instruments
i played trumpet for 3 yrs back in 2004
this is now my 5th year with the saxophone.. then i picked up the guitar and now the ukulele :D

awesome dude.. I'm a saxophone player myself

i play a couple instruments
i played trumpet for 3 yrs back in 2004
this is now my 5th year with the saxophone.. then i picked up the guitar and now the ukulele :D

Sweet...I love saxophone. I play mainly jazz on it, but it's great.

Hey everyone,

Long, long time lurker to UU, first-time poster. I play a soprano Kala ukulele, in addition to trumpet, piano and guitar.

Outstanding forum! Thanks for all the great advice...even as a measly lurker. :rolleyes:

hey all

hello everyone...

got my uke about 2 weeks ago and totally unable to put it down...coming from sunny san diego...this site is almost as addicting as the actual uke...hahahah...

good to see you caved... JUUUUUST LIIIIKE ME... master windu hahaha!
you missed out at that Kona Kafe place... too bad it was its last nite... had fun and free cheesecake is always BONUS!
i got some news btw... and old friend of mine hit me up at the "kafe" while we were listening to Da Mack and Almost Islanders last nite... i told em i wanted to just jam and he kept talkin about playin gigs! lmao
anyways... i will definitely fill you in when i see ya next bro...

welcome to the Underground if no one has said it yet! :nana:

Hello from your n00biest n00b.

I've picked the uke back up again after about 13 years - I learned the basics in my last 2-3 years of elementary school. I can't play any instruments (though I dabbled with trumpet and drums in middle and high school) and as a lover of music, this has bothered me for some time. As I live in an apartment, I chose to touch base with the uke, as it will not get my neighbours angry, and me charged with a hefty strata corp. fine. ;)

I'm teaching myself with the aid of a couple of Mel Bay Books (Gernot Rodder's Total Ukulele, Roy Smeck's Ukulele Method for Chord and Melody Playing) and the various websites. As I initially learned on a tenor (tuned A-D-F#-B), I decided to build on what I remembered from my youth, even though it makes things a bit trickier for me since much of what I find is for G-C-E-A tuning. I just have to rethink everything in "Canadian tuning" before I attempt something. Chords are not difficult to switch, but picking will require a bit more thought as I re-acquaint myself with reading music. In the future I will likely get a soprano and have that tuned to G-C-E-A, so I can become a more rounded uke player.

I bought my tenor uke after Xmas last year from Empire Music, based out of Vancouver, BC. It doesn't seem to have a "brand name," unless you count "The Classic" as one, but it was $50 and I felt it a good place to (re)start - not ridiculously cheap, but not more than what I need right now. As with my eventual foray into Sopranoland, when I feel I've earned it, I will get myself a premium tenor uke.

--

That was, perhaps, overly loquacious. Sorry! I think that laying out my plans to other people will help me stick to it, though ... can't let the ukulele community down, no? :)
Rock on, everyone! :music:

Just don't get discouraged if your $50 dollar uke doesn't sound so great. I just recently bought my second uke, after playing for a year and a half. Just today I fixed the nut slot on it so that the A string would stop breaking, and my god I had thought I was terrible, I'm not half bad now ;)

I'm even looking into getting a eleuke now.

Welcome everyone!!

Treh

Name: Treh Cabreros
How long have you been playing ukulele: I've been playing for about 3-4 years and I will keep playing

Name: Laurine Prianon
Location: Reunion Island (Indian Ocean,french island) but I study in South west of France: Tourism
How long have you been playing ukulele: I am just a beginner, got my ukulélé about 2 weeks ago.... aha But I also play some guitar, still a beginner ^^
:)

I have been playing bass for the past half year in my band The Wild Oranges and have been in Ukulele remission. Just came back to this site and am sooo amazed at how the site has grown and how much fun everyone is having. I Just had to get that out there

this site is Amazing
oh

Im Pat Laughrey of Houston Tx
i play uke and ive missed it dearly

I'm Sara and I'm from Sweden. Nice to meet you all! :)

I just found my ukulele in the attic, where it has been for some time (I had forgotten all about it). It was a gift from my uncle, but I only got it under one condition - I had to learn to play it.
Now's the time I guess. :)
I tuned it and since I'm learning the guitar, I though "this couldn't be so hard". But I have no idea where to start or what to do!
Yet, I think it'll be no problem when there's communities like this one and good tutorials online.

Hello! Name's Kevin hailing from Grand Rapids Michigan. I've been playing about 2 months or so..it's good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom