Bucket list items to own: yours?

Sambient

Reaction score

• Recent aquisition of an Ashbory bass made me realize I'd had it in my mind as a bucket list instrument.

The Kala U-Bass is definitely a bucket list instrument.

A sopranino.

An Eleuke.

Finding a 1962 Singer sewing machine in a style known as the Rocketeer at a flea market when I'd pretty much given up on ever having one: a coup!

I'd thought I wanted a Ford Mustang from the 1999-2004 era, but I've talked myself out of that desire. Mustangs can be useless in the snow.

Forgive my materialism. And go on, share yours.

Last edited:
Tenor pan......aka steel drum. But alas, the price tag starts at a grand, so this bucket list item is on the long list.

Tenor pan......aka steel drum. But alas, the price tag starts at a grand, so this bucket list item is on the long list.

one grand for a steel drum? who knew. they are great instruments, though. love the sound.

i really try not too want stuff. every time i want something, and get it, it leads to something else i just "have to have". but in truth, i lust after a mercedes station wagon!

one grand for a steel drum? who knew. they are great instruments, though. love the sound.

i really try not too want stuff. every time i want something, and get it, it leads to something else i just "have to have". but in truth, i lust after a mercedes station wagon!

A grand, and that's not a top of the line shiny one. They also can not be played in the sun. When they get warm, they go out of tune and you have to take them to a tuner who charges $100 an hour to retune them. Not exactly a low maintenance instrument.

A Mercedes is not only a good car but a good investment. I bought a used 1980 diesel benz in 1982, sold it to my Dad in '97. He drove it for years, by that time it had 250 thousand miles on it. It still ran fine but he chose to put in a new engine, continued to drive it, and last year gave it to my niece and her family. It's a rock.

Sukie, if you're thinking about a benz being a frivolous purchase, it isn't. If you are the kind of person that will keep a car forever and take care of it, they are a wonderful investment.

Sukie, if you're thinking about a benz being a frivolous purchase, it isn't. If you are the kind of person that will keep a car forever and take care of it, they are a wonderful investment.

in 2001 i bought a 1984 380 se. my god, it was a beauty. i loved that car. in 2003 it got an engine leak that cost more than the car was worth-- plus paul had a slk 230 by then. since the 380 was the "family" car, it had to go. i cried as the dealer drove it away. the only finer car is a rolls royce. they drive like a dream. if it wasn't for the snow and ice here......

see what i mean? materialism is a downfall for me. i always want more. so i try not to want.

Another one of these (the one that got away):
1253865477_85f95bab70.jpg

Another one of these (the other one that got away):
1254726630_6f1d1e01c5.jpg

A '59 Coupe DeVille

One of these (Evel Knievel stunt cycle--the one toy I could never score):
3388009069_737c2b10bb.jpg

A Boston terrier

And maybe a red scooter. (The kind with a motor, not the kind you stand on and kick). :D

this one I've thought a lot about because I have some kind of reverse UAS that makes me only want to buy one ukulele for the rest of my life, of course this is my dream uke that doesnt exist.
The body/color scheme one the one on the right
compare.jpg

a completely ridiculously bawdy neck inlay com sa
1280-neck.jpg

Except it might not be a dragon, maybe an angel or beautiful woman or something

tenor uke with internal pick-up made of extra curly koa (though that may mean I cant get the body I previously mentioned) with a mahogany neck and the name of the uke (something I've been figuring pondering for a bit and no final thought yet, maybe "Cecilia", after the patron saint of music)

that and a banjo, I was supposed to get one last month but no money :(

Seeso, you can't go wrong with either the PK Ripper or the Australian cattle dog. I've owned both and they rule.

Get the dog to ride the PKR and you win teh internet.

Seeso, you can't go wrong with either the PK Ripper or the Australian cattle dog. I've owned both and they rule.

Get the dog to ride the PKR and you win teh internet.

Sweet. When I'm settled down in one home and I have a big enough yard for a dog, I shall get a Heeler. I've heard nothing but great things about them, but you have to keep them busy.

Sweet. When I'm settled down in one home and I have a big enough yard for a dog, I shall get a Heeler. I've heard nothing but great things about them, but you have to keep them busy.

My puppy is half Aussie and he rules. Just a gentle and smart dog. Not to mention great coloring.

'sfunny. When I started this thread I was going to include a breed of dog, but felt funny calling a dog a thing.
Plus, I'm still fickle. While I love my mutt and mutts in general, I want some smushy-faced thing. Can't decide though if that smushy faced canine should be a pug, a boston terrier, a bulldog.

hmm I'd say my top three bucket list items at this moment in time would have to be a

koaloha Sceptre Concert or tenor

A husky

and a ticket to hawaii

My Bucket List would be:

- Kamaka or Kaniele (sp?) Tenor Ukes
- A family pack vacation back home (Hawaii) or to Disneyland/DisneyWorld
- To attend a workshop by Jake S. or Aldrine G.
- To have one of my children carry-on the legacy of music in my family
- A Les Paul Guitar
- A DJembe drum

Last edited:
A Martin guitar. A nice classical. No ukes really.. I already have all the ones I've ever wanted thanks to the generosity of people on this forum and a uke maker from Alaska named Mike :) . Life is good.

Top Bottom