What bass do you play?

Ashbory.
ashbory.jpg

holy crap i want to play a bass now lol

You can see my basses here, behind the ukes and guitars:

Collection.jpg

The basses in this picture are (left to right) a Samick HFB590 acoustic bass guitar, a 1949 Kay M-1 double bass, a Godin A-4 fretless semi-acoustic bass and a Vintage '62 Fender Jazz Bass in Lake Placid Blue.

- Steve

Wow Steve, you've got... A lot of instruments. Slowly working your way through all the stringed instruments, are we?

That Samick's nice... I've always wanted an acoustic bass, but even the cheapest one I could find sets me back too much.

Believe it or not, I got that Samick off of eBay for $200 plus shipping. I've always liked that particular model with the f-holes and I finally got one for a great price.

- Steve

Last edited:
I got 2, I have a 90 something Green Yamaha (straight off the guitar center wall =P ) and I have (just got it back today my brother was hording it) a 1996 B1 Martin Acoustic.
Not really that great at playing bass. Most of my playing was using the upright at my parents house playing bluegrass . . .woot 1-5-1-5 for hours an hours =P

I play a Ibanez GSR 200 bass. It's the only bass I got, just got it a month ago.:cool:;):D:music:

I play an Epiphone EB3 through a Peavey TBRaxx tube preamp into a Yorkville 200 watt solid state amp (one 15 inch). I use the line out for the board. I use a condenser mic through a ART tube preamp for my ukuleles.

Here are some recent additons to my bass collection:

This a 2004 American Series Fender Precision Bass that I recently bought back from the person I sold it to about a year ago. I added a tortoise shell pickguard, thumbrest and La Bella flatwounds strings to give it a vintage look and sound. I'm a fan of Motown bassist James Jamerson, so I had to have a sunburst P-Bass like his classic "Funk Machine".

l_8da951ac71f5e844ede4abafabbd913e.jpg

This is a Hofner Icon B which is an inexpensive Asian-made version of the famous (and pricey) Beatle Bass. I'm playing with a show band that performs the music of Paul McCartney, so this ads a touch of authenticity to the early Beatles material.

l_2371703d7ed04b9a9139890b268879b7.jpg

Now I have a total of five basses (including my upright bass) and that's the most I've had since I was single and living with my parents :). I'm actually hoping to get a banjo uke now.

- Steve

dang, you guys are making me want a bass. i kinda want the tuning pegs on my uke

i have an ESP jazz bass that has been modified alot by the guy i bought it from. he got a profesional to put in active pickups and all new wiring. hella tight.

i also have a fretless ibanez something or other, i'm letting a guy borrow it right now so i dont know the model or anything. its fun but i don't use it often.

Top Bottom