What bass do you play?

My Tobias (custom, pre-Gibson made in Burbank, CA with Bartolini electronics)
0426091910.jpg

0426091911-1.jpg

The grain doesn't really show up in the pics but it's pretty sharp.

good topic...

can one of you bass players recommend a good but cheap acoustic bass to accompany an acoustic guitar and/or uke? think Jack Johnson's Waiting Time video for reference...

thanks!

I borrowed a Den Playmate acoustic bass guitar at the 2008 Bushman Ukulele Luau. It's a cheap bass but the big body puts out a decent acoustic sound and it sounded good plugged in too. Check out this video from the Luau (Jason Arimoto on uke):

Minor Swing

- Steve

I borrowed a Den Playmate acoustic bass guitar at the 2008 Bushman Ukulele Luau. It's a cheap bass but the big body puts out a decent acoustic sound and it sounded good plugged in too. Check out this video from the Luau (Jason Arimoto on uke):

Minor Swing

- Steve
thanks Steve. I have looked at the Dean Playmate...the only downside is that my 14 year old son would be playing it 1/2 of the time and it's HUGE, but it still may be the best option...

btw, I love your (Barnkickers) new CD...I bought it from Amazon. Well done!

Hello all! Very nice basses there :)

I have always been a Jazz Bazz player but, sadly, I am no more. I recently bought a Gibson Thunderbird, and it has completely rocked my world. It got such an amazing tone - and the looks just makes you drool, eh?

Sorry for the big picture :eek:

dsc02403g.jpg

//Lupilin//

I have 4:
Epiphone Ripper,
Epiphone Thunderbird with an non-reverse body,
I have a Cort acoustic,
and my pride and joy is an Ernie Ball Stingray I custom ordered:music:
I play out of a Hartke 1415 combo amp. It's a little overkill considering i don't gig. I never turn it past 1.

I finally got myeslf a decent electric bass (can actually amp it without massive feedback, unlike my acoustic bass.) My new bass is a Fender Jazz MIM. I saw it and fell in love, and had to have it. It had a beautiful but subtle flame pattern on the top that you could see through the sunburst finish. I don't have any good pictures of it yet, but it's a stunner in person. I think it's pretty unique looking. :)

http://twitpic.com/61cf0

Last edited:
This is my Vigier Arpege (carbon fiber neck thru body) :D:D

VigierBass.jpg

I have one of the first Ibanez SDGR series that was ever put on the market.

I recently picked up a new Schecter Custom 5 String with Natural Satin finish.
Not only does the sound of this thing rock but the flamey maple is killer!

It is one of the best proportioned 5 strings that I ever played. It doesn't feel like you're holding a tree and the string spacing is nice!

Here's a pic from the net:

hr_custom5_nat-34d07850afaf666d7c2f4105cc1a6e1b.jpg

I play a acoustic bass fender thing. Its my hubby's but I use it for my vids when I need. Yeah...I want a smaller one though...that thing is HUGE!!

hehehehe

Holy Crap...that is BIG!

Actually, it's probably around the same size as your Takamine. It's the camera angle that makes it look huge. Here's another picture of me and the Kingman backing up Nina Coquina at the Tampa Bay Ukulele Society's open mic which I hosted.

600_9913469.jpeg

- Steve

Last edited:
Yes, it looks a little more managable in the second picture...:)
Nothing like a bass and uke combo...:shaka:

Top Bottom