'09 Wine Country Uke Fest

Wine Coutry Uke Fest 2009

I agree with Dominator... While I had a lot of fun, I missed a good many performances as I was in workshops... The workshops I attended were very good - James Hill, Ralph Shaw, and Derick Sebastain... I have some pics at home and will post. One of the really great things about these festivals is that the artists/performers are all very approachable - and very nice people!

:agree:

Thanks all, for the great comments.

Second year for the festival, but first year in these great new venues. The best part was, we had an opportunity to share the music with a whole bunch of folks who still think of Tiny Tim when they hear the word "'ukulele." Actually, the best part was that we've been invited back. No, the best part was Liko's opening chant at Beringer Vineyards. Wait a minute. The best part was Faith Ako singing in the caves at Flora Springs. Hold it. How could we top James and Kimo playing together at Miner Family Vineyards? Oh shoot, it was all good. Thank you one and all.

Hope to see you next year!

Elaine

A very special thank-you to you Elaine!

The Wine country uke Fest was a great success... A great group of Musicians and Luthiers (and the Public was great to)! Elaine did a great job!
Thank you!
Oceana Ukuleles

'09 Wine Country Ukulele Festival

Thought I'd post a photo of Liko and David Tachera (of Oiwi 'Ukuleles) in the UkeTube Booth kanikapila. That area was practically a third stage, some great music from in there!

kawika_liko.jpg

Had a a great time.
Here's a thought: Next year, consider placing the uke vendors a bit farther from the stage. Few will buy ukes without strumming thoroughly - and loudly - yet no one wants to disrupt a performance.

Thanks all, for the great comments.

Second year for the festival, but first year in these great new venues. The best part was, we had an opportunity to share the music with a whole bunch of folks who still think of Tiny Tim when they hear the word "'ukulele." Actually, the best part was that we've been invited back. No, the best part was Liko's opening chant at Beringer Vineyards. Wait a minute. The best part was Faith Ako singing in the caves at Flora Springs. Hold it. How could we top James and Kimo playing together at Miner Family Vineyards? Oh shoot, it was all good. Thank you one and all.

Hope to see you next year!

Elaine
A bunch of us from so cal want to come up next year. When you have the dates could you please post them on this thread?

We had a great time and were delighted to finally meet Aldrine and Ryan. Please keep up all the great work at UU guys! Mahalo!

album.php

Had a a great time.
Here's a thought: Next year, consider placing the uke vendors a bit farther from the stage. Few will buy ukes without strumming thoroughly - and loudly - yet no one wants to disrupt a performance.

Thanks for the comment. You're right. I think we'll be able to accommodate both more amicably next year by spreading things out over two days....that'll give us an opportunity to still showcase a bunch of great performers but schedule ample breaks in between so that people can check out the vendor booths and hear their 'ukuleles.

We're learning...and I appreciate the feedback....I must admit I'm loving the accolades, as well. Thank you, everyone.

A bunch of us from so cal want to come up next year. When you have the dates could you please post them on this thread?

What I'd love is for some of you guys in So. Cal. to charter a bus and all come up together!

Anyway, the dates for next year are September 11 & 12 at Beringer. It'll be a little warmer then (I think Brittni kept her down jacket on all day this year)......

Stay tuned.......or better yet...visit the website www.winecountryukefest.com and subscribe so you get automatic updates.

See you in September!

Elaine

What I'd love is for some of you guys in So. Cal. to charter a bus and all come up together!

Anyway, the dates for next year are September 11 & 12 at Beringer. It'll be a little warmer then (I think Brittni kept her down jacket on all day this year)......

Stay tuned.......or better yet...visit the website www.winecountryukefest.com and subscribe so you get automatic updates.

See you in September!

Elaine
Wow, you all really do plan ahead, thanks for the update. Will get the word out to our groups down here. I will subscribe to your website. When the date is closer I will print up your flyers and pass them out to our uke groups. Thanks.

Thought I'd post a photo of Liko and David Tachera (of Oiwi 'Ukuleles) in the UkeTube Booth kanikapila. That area was practically a third stage, some great music from in there!

kawika_liko.jpg
A huge mahalo to David Tachera and his 'ohana for keeping the UkeTube booth operational all day! We finally got most of the videos on You Tube, and hope to have a whole bunch more for next year:

http://www.youtube.com/winecountryukefest

(There's also a couple frm the concert stage. If you haven't seen it already, be sure to check out Victoria Vox and her amazing mouth trumpet AND James Hill and crew performing "Billie Jean!"

Top Bottom