Like weeds..

hoosierhiver

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else pays attention to this at the bottom of the page, (except for Ukulelerob), but there seems to be new-new members at a furious rate.
Can a mod tell us how many new members we are getting every day?

Let's hope most of them are nicer folks than a few I've seen here lately....

Let's hope most of them are nicer folks than a few I've seen here lately....

I'm one of the new weeds. I'm nice. (I think) If I'm not, please let me know... I don't wanna be a bad weed...

Caught in the act! I was planning a voting contest and all my imaginary friends (they are real!) wanted to join a ukulele forum all of a sudden. Funny how things come together sometimes, eh?

("at the bottom of the page"? "All times are GMT +9. The time now is 10:23 AM."?)

Anyway, either the ukulele is booming, or we are very close to the second coming of Zuul aka Gozer the Gozarian.

That, or any kind of bad weed....

Nahh... You seem more like mustard then ragweed... :)

I like the quote in your signature, I use it all the time for peeps considering starting to play the ukulele :)

Nahh... You seem more like mustard then ragweed... :)

I like the quote in your signature, I use it all the time for peeps considering starting to play the ukulele :)

That's great. No copyrights here. Use it as much as you like. It just makes sense to me. (And it peeves my guitar playing friends when they say "Ukulele? Why?"

or we are very close to the second coming of Zuul aka Gozer the Gozarian.

So empty your heads. Empty your heads. Don't think of anything.

I'm new, and I'm really liking the uke and these forums. Hopefully when I get a little bit better I can help out more :)

-UM :shaka:

Caught in the act! I was planning a voting contest and all my imaginary friends (they are real!) wanted to join a ukulele forum all of a sudden. Funny how things come together sometimes, eh?

("at the bottom of the page"? "All times are GMT +9. The time now is 10:23 AM."?)

Anyway, either the ukulele is booming, or we are very close to the second coming of Zuul aka Gozer the Gozarian.

UkeNinja, are you located in one of these areas?

# AUSTRALIA (Western Australia dst- Perth)
# BRUNEI DARUSSALAM (Bandar Seri Begawan)
# CHINA (Beijing, Shanghai)
# HONG KONG (China)
# INDONESIA (central- Bali, Borneo, Celebes/Ujung Pandang)
# MACAU (Macao)
# MALAYSIA (Kuala Lumpur)
# MONGOLIA (Ulaanbaatar)
# PHILIPPINES (Manila)
# RUSSIA (ZONE 7- Irkutsk dst, Ulan-Ude dst, Bratsk dst, Ust'-Ordynsky dst)
# SINGAPORE (Singapore)
# TAIWAN (Taipei)

These are all in GMT+9. If you're not, then there's something seriously wrong.

UkeNinja, are you located in one of these areas?

# AUSTRALIA (Western Australia dst- Perth)
# BRUNEI DARUSSALAM (Bandar Seri Begawan)
# CHINA (Beijing, Shanghai)
# HONG KONG (China)
# INDONESIA (central- Bali, Borneo, Celebes/Ujung Pandang)
# MACAU (Macao)
# MALAYSIA (Kuala Lumpur)
# MONGOLIA (Ulaanbaatar)
# PHILIPPINES (Manila)
# RUSSIA (ZONE 7- Irkutsk dst, Ulan-Ude dst, Bratsk dst, Ust'-Ordynsky dst)
# SINGAPORE (Singapore)
# TAIWAN (Taipei)

These are all in GMT+9. If you're not, then there's something seriously wrong.

You'll notice if you take the first letter of each country in that order, it spells out CHIMMPRST. I think this is more seroius than I ever imagined.:eek:

You'll notice if you take the first letter of each country in that order, it spells out CHIMMPRST. I think this is more seroius than I ever imagined.:eek:

Thanks, dude, that was the belly laugh I needed to get through the day.

Then there are us old weeds. You know the kind, you can slash and burn all day long, and we'll just keep coming back. Like the old "Wildwood Weed".

There is no Dana, only ZUUL!
:smileybounce:

I am one of the new ones. I've lurked a bit on and off, and then was encouraged by a friend to actually register. So here, I am... this will definitely encourage my ukulele addiction. I am developing the "poor girl's version" of UAS; I keep making lists of nice ukes I would like to acquire someday, on a day that I like to call "magic day." ;)

Top Bottom