homework help

KAWIKA27

Reaction score
HI everyone
i need a little help with some Hw im writhing a papper on a painting for my english class and i just need some quick simple responces to the painting so i can quote them in my papper, i dont need your real name the screen name is more than fine,

one rule :rulez:

1) clean language.....
dont know why there wouldent be.

other than that how ever you feel about it would be fine

the link is......
http://www.findingfineart.com/site/1518539/product/LEO-00001S

Mahalo for the help

I believe I saw this painting at PIFA (Pacific Islander Festival Association)...but anyway...

Looking at this painting, I notice that the guy is tired; he's slouched over, he has a very haggard appearance but he seems to still be moving towards his destination with the "help" of his, I would believe, ancestors? Their ghostly/spiritual appearance shows them working hard (their muscles are well shown where as the man in the middle seems to have not much build). It gives me that sense of never giving up and that feeling like my family will always be there for me, no matter where they are.

Hope that helps. :)

Hopelessness. Lost. I get the feeling with the spirit paddlers that this may be the end for the fisherman - he's being paddled away to another world.

I completely agree with ChamorroDT. I also think that the contrast between the rough waters and the peaceful sun peeking in between some dark clouds is very important. The rough waters represent the difficulties one encounters on their journey to somewhere whether it be physical or spiritual. The guy in the painting seems to have lost hope and energy, yet he is so close to where he wants to be. With the guidance and help of the spirits that are on either side of him, it seems that he will make it to his goal. These spirits are working extremely hard signifying the strength of his faith (which could be seen as religious). There is only a little bit of light shining in between the clouds possibly representing the little ounce of hope that there is--but that's all that one really needs to accomplish something.

I think that this painting captures the emotions involved in a journey. There are obstacles that are seemingly impossible to overcome, but all you really need is hope and faith.

Good luck!

emotionally, it feels reassuring as if to say when you feel that you're suffering alone there are unseen forces at work that will give you the strength to endure.

artistically, the attention to detail is very good, but I feel the artist limited themselves in their color palette too much and stronger color contrast would have helped.

For me, the painting is a representation of the strength and importance of our ancestors. This man is on a journey alone, exhausted physically and no doubt mentally. He may want to give up, but the strength of those that came before him gives him strength and keeps him going.

The dark colors of the water to me represent the despair this man is feeling at the moment, but out in the horizon there is a beautiful setting sun; a reminder that there is hope beyond the despair that he is feeling now, and with the help of his ancestors he will reach his goals.

To me this painting isn't just a repsentation of a physical journey, but a spiritual one as well. Life is a journey, and this is a great representation of the struggles, hope and achievements that we will encounter in our lives.

I think it's interesting how the paddler guy in the middle is completely unaware of what's going on around him. I wonder how different the painting would be if he knew, although maybe that's the whole point? At any rate, it's pretty :D

good luck!

--tina

No offense, but, that painting makes me think, "who buys this stuff?"

It's hokey, trite, obvious... although the technique/mechanics are good. Basically, it's like Thomas Kinkade goes Hawai'ian.

Bleh.

JJ

:eek: WoW that was fast....

thanks for all the help everyone i think this should be plenty

this has been a big help

thanks again to all

o lol and good catch Deach "Paper" :eek: ill make sure to spell check

Top Bottom