Luna Ukuleles

Kanaka916

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with Luna Guitars? They now have a 'Ukulele line which may be of interest to a few. The item pictured below is a set of 6 instruments one can "Buy Now" for $1221.00. Click here for more info. I did not find anything to indicate if they can be purchased separately.

ukeseriespage1.jpg

I dont know nothing about them...it seems they are kinda new maybe. I really like the left and right ones...not crazy bout the middle group, but thats just cuz I think they're girly.

Haha, I specifically like the pink and flowery one, because it's girly. Never heard of them before, though.

My girlfriend has a Luna guitar, and it's terrific. Great sound and workmanship, and gorgeous to look at.

6 for $1,221? Sounds like a deal to me, considering my Kala was $400....

That also means that they're cheap.....
Awwww, but I really like them!

The same ebay seller is selling them individually. $85 for the soprano with $12 shipping.

When this seller first offered the tattoo pineapple I asked if the top was solid or laminate. They never answered which makes me leary.

I became aware of these recently when they suddenly appeared on overstock.com. Each of the styles except for the pineapple.

The music store I work at got a shipment of them :] I'm waiting til we get them, so I can be of the first to jam on them :D

I like that Honu!

they look like typical chinese factory laminates.

Luna Ukuleles?

I saw this on ebay.... (I know everyone is rolling eyes and thinking get a mainland or kala, or {insert your fav uke brand here})

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-LUNA-KOA-WO...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3358880b0fhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380187038304&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

but I was wondering if anyone knows anything about Luna. I've been looking for a concert with pickup for 250 or less. Anyway, I know nothing about them and wanted to ask the hivemind what it thinks.

Thanks everyone! and if I don't talk to you before...

MERRY CHRISTMAS! oh, and as I type its snowing.. up to 7" tonight...

I like my honu, but I think you can get a better ukulele for the money.
I'm long overdue to do a review.
What are the features that make this an appealing instrument to you?

In looking at Luna Guitars' website, specifically the descriptions of the ukes, I am struck that all of the ukes are described as being "all koa" or "all mahogany" which raises a red flag to me. Usually, if an instrument is solid wood it will say SOLID - when it says something like select koa or all koa I wonder about laminates. Especially at the price point we're talking about with these ukes.

Top Bottom