Ingrid Michaelson on Good Morning America

RyRod

Reaction score
Ingrid Michaelson=great. Ingrid Michaelson+a ukulele=awesome!

Thanks for posting this! I'm such a fan of hers, but she's even cooler with a uke

That's one of our Compass Rose tenors...low G and a D-TAR Timberline pickup in it.

Thanks, Ingrid!

Wow, beautiful. Brought a tear to my eyes. Nice tapping there, too. Not thumpy at all. Looks like all three are running thru a Boss (Direct Box? EQ? Verb?). Hard to tell. Hey cameraman! Pan down and zoom in for second! They never do...

what kind of custom uke was it? it sounded very nice

Read above...

It's a custom Compass Rose tenor with a low G.

Music Guy Mike is one of our biggest dealers...literally and figuratively...he also may be doing more than almost anyone else other than Jim Beloff to support and spread uke culture. Way to go, Mike!

Read above...

It's a custom Compass Rose tenor with a low G.

Music Guy Mike is one of our biggest dealers...literally and figuratively...he also may be doing more than almost anyone else other than Jim Beloff to support and spread uke culture. Way to go, Mike!
Spread the word, bruddahs, spread the word!

Rick, you already answered my first question.....love that compass rose uke!

I've heard of Ingrid before, but never saw her or heard her music. First impressions....

-Beautiful girl! Girls, actually.

-I really liked both songs, and that's saying alot, coming from me. I find most contemporary popular music tough to take.

-Love that she plays the ukulele, but I wish it wasn't being so overpowered by those big boxey-looking instrument thingeys. ;)

-Wondering whether either of the other two girls are Ingrid's sister? I'm specifically thinking of the girl on our right, Ingrid's left.

Wondering why (with my very limited musical theory background) on one song the tenor uke was capoed at the 2nd fret, while the cutaway jumbo-uke was capoed at the 7th fret (!) and the sunburst jumbo-uke was capoed at the 2nd (I think)?

The woman on stage left is Allie Moss who also has a Compass Rose uke, but didn't use on that broadcast.

Capos...they put you in convenient fingering positions for certain styles. The interesting thing is that a capo on the 7th fret of a guitar puts the top four strings in the same pitches and octave as the tenor uke capo'd at the 2nd fret. Allie just has two lower strings to work with on that.

And we can call them guitars, can't we? Hey, they talk about ukes over at Guitar Talk...

Oh, wow...I am SO disappointed I missed this! I'm a little obsessed with Ingrid. (More than a little, actually...) I've been to one of the two previous concerts in Cinci, and am also very excited to be going to her next here in a week and a half. I almost feel a little possessive...but the Ingrid is to be shared, so I won't. :D

I think my ramble can end here. I think.

I may get to meet I.M. when she comes to Louisville at the end of the month. Anything I should ask her or say to her? I want her to sign a uke, if she's willing. Is she nice?

I may get to meet I.M. when she comes to Louisville at the end of the month. Anything I should ask her or say to her? I want her to sign a uke, if she's willing. Is she nice?
Isn't everyone that plays the ukulele nice? :)

That was my intention too! Hence why I posted a thread (that's probably lost somewhere now :p) about whether gloss or matte was better for signing. I'm still not sure what the theater, or she for that matter, would allow. I'm just speculating here, but I'd guess she's probably pretty willing to sign. I think she usually signs anyway...I think...

Just try to say -something-...not be too starstruck! Last time there was a girl who got something signed right before me that didn't say a word.

Also, yay for Louisville! I live in Northern Kentucky, but Cincinnati is my preferred big city!

Top Bottom