New Cigar Box Uke

cornfedgroove

Reaction score
Also in Uke Talk forum

This is the latest build...its about as blonde as you can get which usually isnt my thing, but its growing on me. Some aesthetics are just better left o'naturale...I purchased the bridge, but replaced the saddle with corian. Installed a pickup in it...thought about a volume pot, but didnt feel like making the knob. It sounds really sweet sounding...bright and clean. Couple pictures of the stash that is quickly accumulating. Hoping to get to the point to hang these up at the local shop.

View attachment 3033View attachment 3034View attachment 3035View attachment 3036View attachment 3037

Nicely done! I'm actually working on an Oliva box right now. My spare time and working space is limited, so it's taking longer than I expected.

I think its a great box to work with...perfect for sopranos and concerts. I wish they had bigger boxes. I have to say, I smoked an Oliva cigar while building this and although they are good cigars, they arent my favorite.

I think I may scale down the headstock for the smaller bodied ukes. I should take some side pics so you can see how I got the action set up.

Top Bottom