I got some ukulele money burning a hole in my pocket

ukumele

Reaction score
Now what. I am currently playing on a concert soprano fluke. I love my fluke...it has a nice big sound and seems to be indestructible.....but I am ready to buy a tenor and want to get a real wood ukulele. I have about $1,500.00.....What should I get????:rolleyes::confused::D

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

just so you know, grocery money, gas money, rent money, "living expenses" money does not qualify as "ukulele money" well, at least if you want to keep your ukulele. I'd get a pineapple sundae.

Any of the following tenors: Kamaka, KoAloha, Kanilea. They're all about the same in quality, and you won't be dissappointed with any of them. I feel like with Kamaka, you are buying tradition and a recognized name, KoAloha, you're paying for a cool design and stellar cutomer service, and with Kanilea, you get a very sexy UV finish. All are good instruments.

$1500!
:eek:that's not chump change!

you should be able to get really nice one.:drool:

you may never play your Fluke again. ;)

Whatever you get, just make sure you have enough money to get yourself a case for it. And with that much money, get a hardshell case. :D And while you're at it, get a UU shirt.

Whatever you get, just make sure you have enough money to get yourself a case for it. And with that much money, get a hardshell case. :D And while you're at it, get a UU shirt.

Great advice there! As for me, for that money, I would go to soprano and grab a early Martin!

For $1500, you pretty much have to try to get a Moore Bettah NSB tenor.

Now what. I am currently playing on a concert soprano fluke. I love my fluke...it has a nice big sound and seems to be indestructible.....but I am ready to buy a tenor and want to get a real wood ukulele. I have about $1,500.00.....What should I get????:rolleyes::confused::D

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

I'm just impressed you managed to wait until you had 1500 saved up. You, sir, have me thoroughly bested in the willpower/restraint department!

LOL...I ordered i before I posted last night....you must be psychic :)

I'm just impressed you managed to wait until you had 1500 saved up. You, sir, have me thoroughly bested in the willpower/restraint department!

It has not been restraint in addition to my fluke....I also have a flea and an electric uke stick.....and a .....problem???

For 1500 I would seriously consider a Not So Basic Tenor from Chuck Moore of Moore Bettah Ukulele. I own a Kanile'a, and a Kamaka, and have owned a Ko'olau, and G-String. None of them compare to the level of quality as my Moore Bettah.

For $1500, you pretty much have to try to get a Moore Bettah NSB tenor.

I am going to make another vote for the NSB uke. They are amazing instruments.

I like deach's idea though I prefer this shape:
54993_l.jpg

Last edited:
If I had $1500 to spend on ukuleles right now?

I'd call MGM and place an order.

1- Kala KA CEM Flamed Mahogany concert $145.95
1- Kala solid Acacia Tenor $309.99
1- Ohana CK35G solid Mahogany concert (low G) $239.95
1- Koalana solid koa concert $274.95
1- Kala archtop "jazz" tenor $237.48

That's 5 new ukes (none of them shabby) WITH cases. And then

8- Makala sopranos, assorted colors, to deach to my friends. $295.60

Oh. I'm sorry. I only had $1500 to spend, and buying these thirteen ukes from MGM I accidentally went over my budget by $3 and change!

Just another perspective.... ;)

Top Bottom