G#m

bunnyflower

Reaction score
This chord is making me want to tear my hair out... :confused:

I am just starting to get F#m thanks to this forum... anyone have particular hints for G#m?

I'm trying to learn a song that has a quick chord transition of:
F#m - C#m - G#m - B (lather, rinse, repeat)

...and this will take a lot of practice.

Are you trying to play it 1342? Owww, that hurts. :eek:

I'd play the Gm shape (0231) slid up one fret without the G string (X342).

--Mark

How are you with barre chords? If you're okay with them, I would use them for this progression. It makes it a lot easier.

F#m - 6654
C#m - 6444
G#m - 8876
B - 8676

Ouch good luck!!!!

other than baring the first fret for the G#m & C#m so you can slide it to the second fret for the B...

You already said it... Practice

I was doing 4342 (I think- still new to thinking of fingering with this numbers thing instead of "chord chart pictures" :p). I just saw the 1342 today and was trying that instead. I need to seriously work on barre chords, but, maybe this is a good exercise for that! :)

I was doing 4342 (I think- still new to thinking of fingering with this numbers thing instead of "chord chart pictures" :p). I just saw the 1342 today and was trying that instead. I need to seriously work on barre chords, but, maybe this is a good exercise for that! :)

Yeah, that's a great progression to practice barre chords.

I cheat... I notice that on some of the songs where 1342 sounds just right, I can capo the first fret and still get all my chords anyways... and its a lot easier for me.

This chord is making me want to tear my hair out... :confused:

I am just starting to get F#m thanks to this forum... anyone have particular hints for G#m?

I'm trying to learn a song that has a quick chord transition of:
F#m - C#m - G#m - B (lather, rinse, repeat)

...and this will take a lot of practice.

If I were you, I'd move the song up a half step.

Gm - Dm - Am - C is a heckuva lot easier to play.

I was doing 4342 ...

How are you holding it?

I hold this like a B Chord (4322) and use my pinky to catch the 4th fret on the E string(4342)---that also allows you to just lift your pinky to transition to the B chord that comes after your G#m

Last edited:
How are you holding it?

I hold this like a B Chord (4322) and use my pinky to catch the 4th fret on the E string(4342)---that also allows you to just lift your pinky to transition to the B chord that comes after your G#m

Wow, what a gorgeous transition!!

How are you holding it?

that's basically also a barre chord. it's the same shape as the f#m. so if you hold all four strings down with your index on the second fret, you get the same shapes as if you had a capo on that fret...

Top Bottom