Please keep an eye out for this ukulele.

tsudawuda

Reaction score
Someone recently broke into my home and stole a bunch of things. Many of these I could careless about. However, my Koaloha ukulele was among these things. Some of you may know how it looks (overloaded with stickers). For those of you who don't: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GeHbvqohgE

Please PM me if you have seen it anywhere. This was my one and only ukulele, and I'm quite shaken about the fact that one (or more) punks broke into my home and stole things.

Wow...dude that really sucks :(

Well, if I happen to see it in a YT vid or something, I'll be sure to let you know. I hope some miracle happens and you can get it back somehow...

I really hate to hear about your house getting broken into, thieves suck.:( I hoping you get your uke and other treasured items back.
My house got broken into about 5 years back and they cleaned my house out! 3 days later, the police pulled the thief over( he has still been cruising in the same neighborhood!). Out of my tv, vcr, dvd player, computer, laptop and other things, the police recovered my guitars and amps.
The police detective figured that not many crackheads could play these instruments so they must've been harder to sell or unload.
Sure hope you get your uke back!
Ernest

PS: When filing a police report, list everything man! Sit down, get over the shock and give the police a complete list. When they catch anybody and recover items, they'll start calling in victims to recover their stuff.
I was mad 'cause the police didn't even come out to the house, just took a report over the phone. But they had been doing their footwork.

Call your home/renter insurance and place a theft claim. You've been paying them money all this time, now it's time for them to earn their paycheck! mail them the same list you gave the police along with copies of receipts, copies of covers to instructions/manuals and copy advertisements that show the prices to any stuff you had stolen. You won't get the full amount back but it'll help you get back on your feet!

I'm always looking through the local Craiglist window shopping at the 'ukuleles, if I see anything suspicious on there I let you know. Does KoAloha use serial numbers? Any identifying features besides the stickers (which can and probably will be removed).

Holy crap! I'm sorry to hear that! :( Hope everything works out for you.

Were you the guy who scalloped the fretboard of his KoAloha, by any chance? If so, that's gonna be pretty hard to undo, so it'll be identifiable.

Do you have one you can borrow to hold you over?

I remember coming home a couple of times and seeing the place trashed by thieves. Talk about feeling violated...

I am very sorry this has happened to you. I will keep my eyes open!

I'm always looking through the local Craiglist window shopping at the 'ukuleles, if I see anything suspicious on there I let you know. Does KoAloha use serial numbers? Any identifying features besides the stickers (which can and probably will be removed).

The last four frets are scallopped and I screwed on a straplock on the body.

Holy crap! I'm sorry to hear that! :( Hope everything works out for you.

Were you the guy who scalloped the fretboard of his KoAloha, by any chance? If so, that's gonna be pretty hard to undo, so it'll be identifiable.

Yeah, that was me. This uke won't get away from me.

Aw man. I'm so sorry to hear that, bro. I'll keep an eye out for sure.

I am so, so sorry that happened to you!

I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled on ebay auctions. You may also want to contact your local-area pawn shops and describe your uke, since it's so identifiable. I've heard that thieves tend to take musical instruments to pawn shops pretty quickly to turn them into cash.

I work for the police department here on Oahu. I hear about these things happening everyday, but its different when it hits close to "home". Sorry dude. I hope your uke finds its way back to you!

Aw, mate. :( Sorry to hear that. I hope you get your uke home safe and sound.

I'm so sorry! That totally blows. I'll definitely keep an eye out.

Top Bottom