Are ukulele players nicer than other people?

Are you an a--hole?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

studentaccount1

Reaction score
I just read this:
....Isn't ukulele all about showing love and friendship through PEACEFUL music? ....

And couldn't help but think that the ratio of a**holes to non-assh**es who play the ukulele must be about the same as any other instrument?

This begged for a poll to be made.

I made one.

If anyone has better data to be able to sort this out once and for all, please share.

Last edited:
I think that people who choose to learn to play an instrument in general are nicer people overall. There are always exceptions of course. I think I would rather be stuck with ukulele players on an island than just random folk...haha.:D I have yet to meet a total dirtbag who plays the uke....that would be really odd...ha.

...yea I'm an a-hole...but still a nice guy! haha...I suddenly feel the need to do a Dennis Leary cover...:p

i'm a nice guy if you dont pull my cords, when that happen you see mean ukulele junkie.

so i rated myself a total douche bag

BTW why is this in guitar discussion? haha

im natuarly nice, my friends on the other hand make fun of me just because im dark and there uke players :confused: why do i hangout with them hahahaha

I've found musicians, acoustic musicians in particular, to be generous with their knowledge and helpful in general – but maybe I'm just choosey who I hang with.

...nothing against those of you who plug in - some of my best friends are electric.

im an a-hole. but i do it in good fun. i make fun of myself as much as i make fun of others. but i can be a total dick at times... except for when it comes to music. there is so much we can all learn from each other. and i hate when i see one conceited musician that thinks their hot sh*t and too good to play with anyone that isnt as good. music is an art that is dying in many school curriculums, so for some dickhead to put down another musician because they arent that great at it gets me heated. i hate seeing anyone lose their taste for music. i have before. and it sucked. because everytime i looked at my guitar i felt guilty for not playing, and too ashamed of myself to just pick her up and try to get better. when you know how that feels, you dont want to wish that on ANYONE that has even the slightest interest in learning.

btw, i moved the thread to uke talk.

btw, i moved the thread to uke talk.

Thanks for that Nuke. :eek:

....and i hate when i see one conceited musician that thinks their hot sh*t ....

I definitely feel you on that one. I like to think that "each one, teach one" is a good policy. We can all teach and learn something to the people around us. It's like no matter who we are or what we know, we can always learn something from others and vice versa (even if it is what NOT to do or how NOT to act).

I think the only thing worse than talented conceited people are people who really suck but are convinced they are hot sh*t and pull petty ego trip BS when you try to play with them. That always bums my trip. :(

lol. Why is deach in the d-bag section? He just gave away 3 ukes! In fact, none of those guys are d-bags, this poll is totally inaccurate.

Way too many nice people.. I thought every musician was narcissistic and arrogant :D..
I, myself, can be a total asshole, arrogant, vain, cunning, but most of the time I'm a ukulele player :p

"Spineless like a gig bag" is what I was called the other day. Douche bag... no. Shower cap if anything.

lol. Why is deach in the d-bag section? He just gave away 3 ukes! In fact, none of those guys are d-bags, this poll is totally inaccurate.
What do you expect from a d-bag poll? I think people are over estimating their a-holes.:D

"douche" - from the French verb, doucher, which means "to shower"

I've found that as you get on in years it's easier to be a douche. Nobody wants to beat-up an old guy. :D

I've found that as you get on in years it's easier to be a douche. Nobody wants to beat-up an old guy. :D

Ha ha hah! Well, people may want to, they just wouldn't.

Top Bottom