Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pono PKT-2-e solid Koa vs. Pono PTM-T solid Mango

Koa absolutely.

My vote would be for the Kanile'a. When I decided to be a serious Uke player I did a huge search going to Elderly Instruments playing- I think all that they had. I then ran across a fellow with a Kanile'a and that was it. I had a concert long neck made and then the soprano love these the best of my entire collection.
    I've also played a Pono that my deceased friend had and while it is quit nice it just didn't have the voice of the Kanile'a. With that being said it may have been that it was played very little and needed a good set up. Over my life time of building and setting up instruments I've found almost every instrument will improve with the right set up and string combination. Doug

+1 Doug is right on. My Pono needed a touch of adjustment and the right strings which however made a huge difference, and Kanile'as are very smoooth.

So would you all agree that the Pono PKT-2 is a solid choice if I'm trying to keep things below $600?

If you are trying to keep the price down then I don't think it would be a bad choice.

Thread Information