Strings for a KA-T

AvaRose

Reaction score
Bula everyone. New uke player with a very cool new love....my Kala ka-t. Currently has the GHS strings that I bought it with but I'm wondering if Aquillas or something else would be better. Reason I ask is cause the shop I bought it from also has some more expensive ukes (soon to be mine) with different strings that feel and sound really nice.
Cheers

Try the Aquila and I think all the Kala models are now strung with them (Aquila). Changing strings is probably the least expensive way to get your instrument to sound better. BTW, I don't advocate a particular or certain brand of string. Strings really come down to preference and trying to find the right combo can sometimes be a PITA.

BTW, I don't advocate a particular or certain brand of string. Strings really come down to preference and trying to find the right combo can sometimes be a PITA.

I will advocate Aquillas for the KA-T!!!

I went thru GHS (stock, bleh), D'Addario Pro Arte's(dull), Kala(ehh), Ko' gold's(to quiet), Bushmans(ehh) and Aquilla's(brought it to life) in my search for the right strings for my KA-T's.
I have 2 KA-T's one high g all unwound, the other is low G with wound G and C strings the E and A are Aquilla's.

The one plus for all the string changes... I got good at tie'n them off.

Aquila are the WORST strings ever! They feel terrible and make the most annoying sounds. Worth really are great strings. The clear mediums are nice on a KA-T. Give 'm a try, you won't regret it. And as an added bonus, there's enough string in one pack for two ukulele! Oh and if THAT isn't good ennough, NO WOUND STRINGS! :cheers:

Top Bottom