Help buying a new uke!

pirate looks at 40

Reaction score
Hey, my name's brandon, i've been looking to get a new uke for some time now.

I want a tenor, and right now I have a Mitchell Mu-100 Concert

I was looking at the Kala Archtop, but the thing that kinda bothers me is the laminate.

Any advice on a good tenor uke?

Hola From AbQ New Mexico

http://www.mainlandukuleles.com/

Mainland FOr Life
MyJezebel.jpg

Mainland Tenor Mahogany Gloss

http://www.mainlandukuleles.com/

Mainland FOr Life
MyJezebel.jpg

Mainland Tenor Mahogany Gloss

Mainland Mainland Mainland. That's all I can say. Love em. Best bang for your buck by a long shot, in my opinion. You can spend weeks beating yourself up about this decision or you could go ahead and order yourself a Mainland and have a new uke in the mail in just a couple days. Your choice :D

Trust me, I've spent months deciding which tenor to go with. I've debated every K brand there is. I got a Mainland Honeybee a few weeks back and now I'm pretty much set on just saying "Screw the K brand, give me a Mainland!" For under $300, you have to be insane to not get at least ONE Mainland.

Good Luck with your shopping!

Hey, my name's brandon, i've been looking to get a new uke for some time now.

I want a tenor, and right now I have a Mitchell Mu-100 Concert

I was looking at the Kala Archtop, but the thing that kinda bothers me is the laminate.

Any advice on a good tenor uke?

If price is no object go for a K brand. KoAloha, Kanile'a, Kamaka.. mainlands are pretty good too. If money is TRULY no object and you want something custom get a moore bettah :)

If your budget is below $500 you can get a really good Kala.

I'm likin the look of the mainland, but i wanna hear the sounds of each one too, should i go with the red cedar, the mahogany, or the mango?

My recommendation goes for Kala Acacia

There's a problem with me getting a mainland, and that is that they are too expensive =/

I was taking a look at the Kala Mahogany and Flame Mahogany, anything on those?

Those are both cheaper than the Mitchell Mu-100 that I have, are they a sort of downgrade in any way?

better sound with solid top:)
Wayyyy better sound with solid body:)

Not always true. I've played some laminates with much more sound that some solids. But, as a rule, you're correct. The top is the main thing. The sides and back can be laminate and match an all-solid many times.

Top Bottom