Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any thoughts or experience with Line 6 Micro Spyder

Default Any thoughts or experience with Line 6 Micro Spyder

Hi all,

I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with the line 6 micro spyder amp. I was considering the Vox DA5 but saw this for the same price at Guitar Center.. Tried to do some research but cant really find much.. So im turning to you all. Got the Mi-Si installed and currently using a Vox DA5 amp I borrowed till I buy my own... I was already set on buying a DA5 but saw this and wanted to know if I should even consider it..
    generem ( je ne rem )

YT Channel

Vista (North County San Diego), California

I do not recommend the Line6 Micro:

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/fo...ead.php?t=5333

Of the many battery powered amps I own/use, the Line6 had the least desireable tone. Search the web for the Vox DA5 in websites like Musicians Friend and check out the price for different colors. Sometimes the web will have lower prices on other colors. Print that page out and bring it into a big chain, such as Guitar Center or Best Buy. They both have price matching policies. The Vox DA5 has a clear volume and tonal advantage over the Line6Micro. Ric

Quote Originally Posted by ricdoug View Post
    Sometimes the web will have lower prices on other colors. Print that page out and bring it into a big chain, such as Guitar Center or Best Buy. They both have price matching policies. The Vox DA5 has a clear volume and tonal advantage over the Line6Micro. Ric
    Elderly Instruments are selling the pink model for $40 less than the others.
    http://elderly.com/new_instruments/items/VDA5-PNK.htm

Thanks Ricdoug. Thats exactly what Im looking for.. I guess I'll be getting my own DA5 tomorrow then...

Eh.. Im not a pink kinda of guy but thanks Sambient for the link.. Its $139 at GC and I have a 10% off coupon..
    generem ( je ne rem )

YT Channel

Print the Elderly ad anyway and take it in to Guitar Center (they only carry black in their stores). Use it as a bargaining tool. If they don't budge more than $14 bucks (the 10% coupon discount), then break out the 10% coupon. They might match it on one of the black ones they have in stock. Ric

Quote Originally Posted by generem View Post
    Eh.. Im not a pink kinda of guy but thanks Sambient for the link.. Its $139 at GC and I have a 10% off coupon..
    It doesn't have to stay pink.
    I don't care for that shade either, but I just look at it as an excuse for customization.
    And yeah, with the suggestion of printing out an ad that had been made, I figured the $99 doesn't hurt.

True that, Sambient. The Tolex covering is easy to dye and also easy to remove. BUT, sometimes I hust wanna' get it now instead of waiting. Eagerly awaiting Generem's report on his new AAS (Amp Aquisition Syndrome)! Ric

Quote Originally Posted by Sambient View Post
    Elderly Instruments are selling the pink model for $40 less than the others.
    http://elderly.com/new_instruments/items/VDA5-PNK.htm
    DAMN! Anyone want to buy that and then trade me for my black one?

I had one. I don't recommend. Very metallic sounded. Can't get a good warm acoustic tone.

You might want to check out the Roland Micro cube also. I haven't played my uke through it yet cause it needs batteries. I do prefer it over the DA5 for guitar, they sound very similar but the controls on the Roland make more sense to me and are thus easier to use. I think Roland, Vox, Korg are all the same company, Fender. The DA5 does have an xlr mic input which makes it more versatile.

Thread Information