Gonna buy my first electric but....

Derenathor

Reaction score
So I've had my kala tenor for about a year and a half now and it's super amazing. I even wrote it a song i love it so much, but it's getting kinda lonely and i think it needs a friend.

The question is, which one?
I know im getting an electric uke but i can't decide on whether i want a concert, baritone or another tenor.

I really have no preference, any suggestions or comments? :)

Do you mean electric, as in electric/acoustic, or solid body "must be plugged in"?

I've got a soprano Risa solid, and a BugsGear Eleuke concert. Both virtually silent when not plugged in. The Risa is a well made little thing. The Eleuke is a bit less well finished, but they both do what I want.

Ukantor.

Have you considered adding electronics to your current tenor? You can buy a MISI trio for $109 online....

sorry i forgot to clarify, im getting a full body electric :p

sorry i forgot to clarify, im getting a full body electric :p

Well, if you want the more traditional look of an Uke, I guess you should go with Eleuke. They also have a Pineapple style so I think personally, they touch more upon the traditional style of Ukes. I personally am saving up to get a Risa Tenor probably...

But Eleuke also has a plug-in for headphones (requires a battery in the back) - not sure about Risa.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Matter fact, now I'm undecided on which one I want to get :confused: ahhhh...

Jupiter creeks are phenomenal if you like the idea of steel strings. Of course I'm of the opinion that you should have both a nylon and steel string solidbody electric. He's got a tenor tele that looks sweet on ebay here

The Risa solid does not have a pre-amp, so when I use it with headphones, I have to plug it into a micro-amp, and take the headphone lead off that. The BugsGear EleUke has two jacks - one to go straight to an amp, for making serious noise through speakers - the other has a pre-amp built in, so you can plug headphones directly into the uke.

Both are ideal for silent practice.

Ukantor.

Top Bottom