Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: you guys should ask for donations

Default you guys should ask for donations

seriously. GIVING away free stickers, GIVING away free ukes, cmon, i bet almost anyone active on this forum who CAN, WOULD donate to Rayan and Aldrine.
    "It`s great to want to be part of something, but it`s a different thing completely to believe wholly in some type of movement, and to give everything for that something."
    -Brandon Boyd, Incubus

the ukuleles are given to them, i would definetly donate to both of them, although i cant explain the stickers :s - just great people

New webcam for Aldrine

i would be happy to give them $

Well the thing is guys, they had this site modeled after a man by the name of Gary Vaynerchuk. Who had like some wine TV library thing where he gave things away for free, and it was a place to gather to talk and learn about wine. And all of this was expense free

So, giving donations would be good, but the idealisms that the site was built on would be destroyed.

I would on the other hand like to give these guys some presents at Christmas. e.g. new webcam for aldrine
    Keep it Funky, keep it sweet. Keep it UKE.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulele_Junkie View Post
    Well the thing is guys, they had this site modeled after a man by the name of Gary Vaynerchuk. Who had like some wine TV library thing where he gave things away for free, and it was a place to gather to talk and learn about wine. And all of this was expense free

So, giving donations would be good, but the idealisms that the site was built on would be destroyed.

I would on the other hand like to give these guys some presents at Christmas. e.g. new webcam for aldrine
    Hey Hey Hey, if anyone wants to send us money, I'm down

It does cost money to run U.U. Hosting, this forum, other software, video tapes, etc. It adds up but to the three of us it's worth it. We feel that we can really make a difference in the world.

When you guys buy UU shirts and any other products we put out, tell your friends about the site and other things like that, it really helps us out.

We might put up a donate button in the future, but it's always be strictly voluntary. We won't charge for anything that's currently on the website.
    Rayan, What you are doing?

I give up with my PM box, just email ryan(at)ukuleleunderground.com

YES Mahaloz!

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulele_Junkie View Post

Secret Santa!! One giant secret santa!!

I think you guys have done an amazing job so far.

While the ideal is to keep everything free I think donations would be awesome since they are never requested from the users. It would be our choice whether to donate or not. And I'd definitely be down to donate if I could in the future.

You guys are offering a very complete package to us, from lessons to stuff to forums to fight with each other (karma -1 ). I hope that as long as the users continue to voice their appreciation, you will feel good about keeping it going. Putting up donations may be a good thing, just to give those that want to, an outlet for their appreciation. And as far as stuff goes, selling T-shirts for a profit is no problem at all, volunteering brings costs with it that have to be covered. Just keep those stickers as a free throw-in

Then again, if you manage to run a good community here, there is some gain in it for you guys as well: fame & oh no, not fortune if you keep it free... The point is: everyone happy!

Quote Originally Posted by rayan View Post
    Shooo... i'll be happy to donate then!~!~!
    Keep it Funky, keep it sweet. Keep it UKE.

Quote Originally Posted by rayan View Post

It does cost money to run U.U. Hosting, this forum, other software, video tapes, etc. It adds up but to the three of us it's worth it. We feel that we can really make a difference in the world.

When you guys buy UU shirts and any other products we put out, tell your friends about the site and other things like that, it really helps us out.

We might put up a donate button in the future, but it's always be strictly voluntary. We won't charge for anything that's currently on the website.
    what about voluntary donations?
    Last edited by UkuLeLesReggAe; 04-26-2008 at 08:07 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by UkuLeLesReggAe View Post
    what about voluntary donations?
    Aren't all donations voluntary?

Thread Information