Karma Function Added to the Forum

whats A CP LOL I WANNA

*edit*
wtf.. i wanna see my rep s lol

CP is Control Panel. Go to the top of this page. You'll see the ukulele Underground logo. A bit under that, you'll see the thread path. And below that you'll see the bar that says "User CP, FAQ, Members List, Calendar, New Posts, Search...etc."

User CP is what you want to click.

I myself can't find my own karma/reputation there, but I assume that's just because I don't have any yet.

If you go to your User CP, you'll see your recent reputation ratings.

I don't see any ratings, or space for ratings, is that because I haven't been rated yet? Can someone rate me (good or bad) so I can see where it shows up? Better yet visit my youtube page and THEN rate me. :D

Much obliged,

Kevin

I attached a screenshot of what it should look like.

Attachments

• karma function.jpg
    karma function.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 31
I just checked and it said that I have a score of 11.
Do we start out with a score already, or does that mean that I already got 11 ratings?
Anyone know?

Aloha
Acabo'oe:cool:

Acabo'oe; it's my understanding that you start with 10, and go up/down from there.

NukeDOC; IMO, the 'votes' or whatever should remain anonymous (to joe-user, anyways) unless the person offering it elects to either reveal themself in the comments (or by some other means). If something I post is useful to somebody, I don't shivagit who it is, I'm just glad to help. The negative side might be a factor though if some fool decides to get abusive.

Lastly, I'm a firm believer in thanking and encouraging people who contribute, and there are lots of them here, which is why I dig this forum so much. BUT, it seems that there is a limit to how many rep votes I can deal out in a 24hr period, and whatever that limit is, I suspect it is set too low for the amount of contributors we have here, so can we increase this?? If so, maybe increase it quite a bit at least at temporarily as there are lots of existing threads that are deserving of rep votes, but as set now, I feel like I have to conserve my 'thanks' but there are many here that are worthy.

Anyways, I'm glad this feature has been added!

Have fun!

Looks like you gave me ten? Is each postive vote worth ten? Anyway, now I see it, Thanks!!

Each vote is worth +1 or -1. But we all started with 10. As MOK said. :D That way, we don't end up in the negative when someone gives us a disapproval rating.

There are also apparently gray reps. I have one of those. And what I think that is, is neutral, because I got repped twice on the same post. And I have 11 karma. So, as far as I know, gray reps aren't bad.

a thats cool a good way to point out the trouble makers

I dont' think we have established what gray reps mean yet. Any ideas? :confused:

Nope I was wrong. Grey rep means you've received a rep + from someone who doesn't have any reputation yet. Just looked it up.

Can we get a color key of some sort? That would be most helpful.

Can we get a color key of some sort? That would be most helpful.

Theres only 3 colors:

Green = + rep from someone with positive reputation
Blue/Grey = + rep from someone with no reputation yet
Red = - rep

Top Bottom