Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fluke and Tuners With Vibration

Default Fluke and Tuners With Vibration

Hey, I recently got my first ukulele, this fluke (for only $185 ), and I love the thing. Except when its out of tune of course. And I won't always have a trusty online tuner at hand, so I was looking into some compact tuners, like the Meisel Clip-On , or the IMT-500.

The thing I like about them is even if I'm in a noisy environment, the vibrations will help me. But since it gets the vibrations through the headstock, and flukes have an unconventional headstock, I'm not sure how they work, and am weary of paying $30 for a paperweight.

Basically, I just want to know if anyone with these kind of tuners knows how compatible they are with flukes. Thanks all.

I use an IMT-900 (basically the same as the 500), and love it.

I own the Meisel, and I'm really happy with it. I've never used it on a Fluke, though. I wouldn't think you'd have any problems, but don't quote me on that.

Isn't there a music store you can go to that will let you try it out on your Fluke before buying it?

the IMT500 will work. just clip it anywhere it will clip to on the uke. the vibrations will be trasmitted. ive even clipped it to the tuning knobs. haha. hell, ive even clamped a metal file to the head stock, then stuck the tuner on the metal file and it still worked. and on one of my guitars, it was having trouble sensing the vibes when clipped to the headstock, so i clipped it to the sound hole. i figured the soundboard did the most vibrating. that works just fine too.

the Meisel & Intelli IMT500 are the exact same tuner - just branded with different names. they work great on ukes. sometimes they get a little confused on guitar's low E (not enough tone frequency to sample, I guess) but are unfailingly accurate on my uke. I have 3 since I misplace things.

Quote Originally Posted by NukeDOC View Post
    so i clipped it to the sound hole.
    how'd you clip it to the sound hole?
    "It`s great to want to be part of something, but it`s a different thing completely to believe wholly in some type of movement, and to give everything for that something."
    -Brandon Boyd, Incubus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneohe til the end View Post
    how'd you clip it to the sound hole?
    very carefully? hahaha i dont know how else to explain it. i clip it to the wood of the soundboard from the sound hole. just watch out for the strings.

yeah cuz i read that looked at my uke and went "it dont look like itll fit
    "It`s great to want to be part of something, but it`s a different thing completely to believe wholly in some type of movement, and to give everything for that something."
    -Brandon Boyd, Incubus

"and on one of my guitars, it was having trouble sensing the vibes when clipped to the headstock, so i clipped it to the sound hole."

i didnt do it to an uke.

question because I pressed all the buttons and don't know what it was originally at =)

I have the Chromatic tuner ft-800
    At the Top it has A4 and a number under it that can be scrolled from 420-460, I have no idea what the number is for but I know it tunes it different so I need to know what to put it back to so my uke is tuned correctly (gcea)

thanks

Thread Information