Removal of Post Count and User Rank

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do NOT talk about Fight Club.

Reminds me..

I used to work at Blockbuster and this group of 5 or 6 kids in their late teens came in, one of them came over aand asked if we had "Fight Club"

I told her, straight faced. "I can't talk about Fight club"

she looked confused.

the rest of her group broke up laughing.

It was wonderful.

Sweet, I'm off the hook for not having a 1000th post contest!!!:D
If you want, I can remind you (which is not a problem) . . . just something to think about. lol!

Even though I had just gained my hero status I think this is fine. It took me over a year to get to that point and I'm not really a hero. I support this decision and I do hate to see the captain title leave but that is fine too. To quote Dilmar from "O' Brother Where Art Thou"--- "I'm with you fellers."

Leave it to John to quote O' Brother Where Art Thou :D (That's a really funny part of a VERY funny movie BTW).

Anywho, I agree about the removal of the titles. Sad to see the Captain title exist for less than 24 hours (and I'm sorry, John, that you were stripped of your 'hero' title so quickly. You're still a hero to me :p ). I always liked to see post counts as well. The "rep points" removal is understandable but I always enjoyed the other things. It's ok though, as I said before, whatever you guys think is best for the community...I'm on board with.

Reminds me..

I used to work at Blockbuster and this group of 5 or 6 kids in their late teens came in, one of them came over aand asked if we had "Fight Club"

she looked confused.

It was wonderful.

I don't care who your are, that's funny right there!!!

No probs.

Frills and bells and whistles may come and go, but UU is UU. :D

Reminds me..

she looked confused.

It was wonderful.

That is funny.

No problem with that! While post-whoring to make it to the next level is fun, it's not really necessary. I'm interested in how a merit-based system will work in the future. After all, there are some members who post very infrequently and yet still contribute a great deal to the forum.

After all, there are some members who post very infrequently and yet still contribute a great deal to the forum.

I like to think that I fall into that category. I probably don't, but I like to think I do and that's what helps me get by, day in and day out.

I'm interested to see what comes about with this "merit system" as well.

Onward to a truly equal egalitarian community? Sounds good. Unlike all those oblivious of the rep system (amazing!), I will miss checking if anyone liked my musings (narcissism). It would be great if there is a way to distinguish effort/involvement per member, but it may very well be there is no way to do such thing and not have certain types abuse it.

I will also miss the threads of people who do not recognize that it's precisely their obnoxiousness that got them a neg rep, and go on ranting about the anonimous cowardlyness of the rep system. Yes, a foul thought but noone is perfect.

To conclude, two thumbs up for the UU team and their toilet-paper-style involvement with the business! :nana:
(is this correct use of the term, rayan?)

It would be great if there is a way to distinguish effort/involvement per member, but it may very well be there is no way to do such thing and not have certain types abuse it.[/SIZE]
People can always go to someones profile and make a comment on them about whatever it is they have a comment about, lol. Then people can view them. Only thing is that I believe you have the option to delete them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom