Aloha from Sacramento area

I kind of like those two on the right in the first picture.
Hi Ahnko,
Thought you might. It is, after all your fault. All that yammerin' on (and I mean this in a really really good way:rolleyes:) about pineapple this and pineapple that.....so decided to try building a couple to see what all the fuss is about. Now I'm really diggin the pineapple thing and want to try to make some more.

Attachments

• ALA_0011.JPG
    ALA_0011.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 5
  • ALA_0020.JPG
    ALA_0020.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 4
  • P9130697.jpg
    P9130697.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 6
More pics of the Koa tenor . . . would love to hear what it sounds like.

Hi Kanaka,
I gotta learn the whole youtube thing...not to mention how truly poor my playing is... My dad will be here next week for an early Thanksgiving and I'll have him bring his uke and get some video then.

In the meantime, here are some more pics. Thanks for asking

Steve

Attachments

• ALA_0012.jpg
    ALA_0012.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 5
  • ALA_0001.jpg
    ALA_0001.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 6
  • ALA_0023.jpg
    ALA_0023.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 5
Gorgeous ukes! I especially like your dad's koa tenor.
Beautiful curl. And the bridge, haven't seen one with those string holes before. On your last picture (post #7), you didn't describe that uke. I can see Two Dogs Plucking 'Ukulele Company in your future.

Hi Kailua,
That other one is a bubinga kasha tenor kit from Hana lima 'ia. It was my 4th build. It came with plans and all the materials except tuners. It was also the first one I built with the benefit of the Hana Lima building manual. The string through body thing is straight from the Hana Lima book...it's an easy way to do it. Thanks for asking.

Steve

Attachments

• P9130764.JPG
    P9130764.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 8
  • P9130747.JPG
    P9130747.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 9
  • P9130738.JPG
    P9130738.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 9
  • ALA_0006.JPG
    ALA_0006.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 9
Had a question on the kasha bracing: Do you notice a difference in the sound compared to traditional soundboard bracing? On my Bucket List: complete the two week course at Hana Lima. Thanks for sharing your beautiful ukes and welcome to UU! :music:

Had a question on the kasha bracing: Do you notice a difference in the sound compared to traditional soundboard bracing? On my Bucket List: complete the two week course at Hana Lima. Thanks for sharing your beautiful ukes and welcome to UU! :music:

I don't know how to answer that, Kailua. They all sound different. It sure looks cool, though. I'm working on consistency and hopefully with some experience I'll be able to build a couple where the bracing is the only difference:eek:.

As for Hana Lima 'ia school, man, go for it before bucket time so you can enjoy your build(s) longer!

Steve

unbelievable

So cool! Those uke's look amazing. Wonderful work.

Top Bottom