UK Melody and Laka Ukes

bazmaz

Reaction score
Hi folks - we poor souls in the UK get a rough ride trying to source Ukes.

Have seen a couple on ebay recently (not sure i am allowed to post links in case it looks like advertising, so I wont)

One is by a co called Melody guitars, and is billed as a "deluxe ukulele". I must admit - it looks nice on the photo. Emailed them and he claimed they were made by him, and all solid mahogany..... sounds fishy, for £30 - very fishy! thoughts??

Second brand name is a Uke called Laka - from a reputable ebay store I have bought lots of bits from, and listed as having solid top. Looks plain, and may well be solid top, and is only about £60

Come on dealers - work on your links with UK shops - real desire over the pond to findnice Ukes - wherever I search its just Mahalo Mahalo Mahalo...

Comments on the ukes I listed much welcomed.

(Before you say it, I know, you get what you pay for - and I suspect that is case with first example - however, I suppose you also have the old adage of "if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...")

Further to this post, I have found out that Laka are a more pro set up Uke by Vintage. They are solid tops and laminate back and sides.

Top Bottom