Sunning myself in the 70mph winds of Kent

pulelehua

Reaction score
Just joined. Hello! Posted a concert v tenor post over in Uke talk. It's a bit odd. I run a school ukulele orchestra and I've been playing the ukulele for a month, and don't own one of my own. We just played in the school concert, doing Iz's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" (Iz... like we're old friends)

I've picked up the habit as fast as probably many of you did. Have played guitar for about 20 years. Now spend my time waiting for the newest Youtube footage. My two favourites are Jake (of course.Jake... like we're old friends) and the Wellington International Ukulele Orchestra.

Anyhoo, just wanted to say hello. If anyone lives in the Southeast of England, and knows of any ukulele-related activity, please let me know.

Mahalo.

Hey :) nice to have you on board

Our very own AnnaUK is from Kent and I believe she runs a uke get together type thing

Welcome

Hey welcome to UU.

I'm in Kent, too. Yes, it's certainly been interesting weather today. 70mph gales and torrential rain :(

Whereabouts in Kent are you? I am a member of a very new uke jam night we're trying to get going. Currently based in Maidstone. Are you anywhere near? You'd be very welcome to join. (I've got a spare uke you could play until you get one of your own.)

Anyhoo, welcome to the Forum :D

Do I sense the formation of a new cell of radical ukulele activists? Good!

Welcome to the wonderful world of UU.

Ukantor.

Hey welcome to UU.

I'm in Kent, too. Yes, it's certainly been interesting weather today. 70mph gales and torrential rain :(

Whereabouts in Kent are you? I am a member of a very new uke jam night we're trying to get going. Currently based in Maidstone. Are you anywhere near? You'd be very welcome to join. (I've got a spare uke you could play until you get one of your own.)

Anyhoo, welcome to the Forum :D

Sorry for the caps, but

I LIVE IN MAIDSTONE!!! So, yes. Details please. :D

I can bring in a Brunswick soprano until the New Year. Cheap and cheerful, but I like it. It's the only uke I've played (he said after a month). Well, and a Brunswick baritone, but that's obviously not a REAL uke. ;)

Woo-hoo!

The uke clubs and uke orchestras are taking over the world! Yahoo!

Welcome!

Welcome! :)

Yup. Been a breezy week, innit? My TV aerial is knackered.

Top Bottom