Smallest Sopranino...

willed1234

Reaction score
Me and a few friends wanted to buy our Ukulelist friend a sopranino as a sort of novelty christmas present.
I was wondering if anyone has an idea what the smallest one available is. I can only seem to find the Ohana Sk-21, it doesn't seem to be that much smaller than a standard soprano.
Just wondered if anybody can offer any advice.
Thanks in advance

Me and a few friends wanted to buy our Ukulelist friend a sopranino as a sort of novelty christmas present.

Will the entire English class go in on it? :)

I was wondering if anyone has an idea what the smallest one available is. I can only seem to find the Ohana Sk-21, it doesn't seem to be that much smaller than a standard soprano.
Just wondered if anybody can offer any advice.
Thanks in advance

Tangi's Manini is smaller than the Ohana, but they're more difficult to find, since Tangi stopped the manufacturing of his ukes. The old plastic Carnival ukuleles from the 1950's are even smaller (see this video for an example), and they show up on Ebay quite a bit. Whether the one you find will be playable or not is another matter. The Ohana may be the best way to go on this.

I'd love to snatch up one of those some time. The video ukulelezaza does with it is fabulous. Do you have one, UKI?

(Ukulelezaza's sopranino vid)

Yes sir! The link I posted is to a video of me playing it. The tuners aren't original with it, though. I took the tuners off an unplayable plastic uke from the 1970's (in the shape of a Stratocaster with a Confederate flag on it!) and they worked perfectly.

Last edited:
Sorry... I didn't even check your link. Stupid of me.
It sure seems like the ultimate traveller's uke. Just put it in the inner pocket of a jacket and BAM! instant guerrilla-style ukeness to go. Japan is a great country for ukuleles, but mostly for up-market, nice ones. Which is cool, but what they need here is a bit down 'n' dirty plastic sillyness.

OK, except for those new models you've been ogling, then... :D

Will the entire English class go in on it? :)

Ouch, my feelings! :( In my defence it was late and I didn't really read though what I was writing, I will do better next time. I promise...

Thanks for the help though, I really appreciate it. :D

Ouch, my feelings! :( In my defence it was late and I didn't really read though what I was writing, I will do better next time. I promise...

Thanks for the help though, I really appreciate it. :D

My mother has called me a smart-ass before. She usually doesn't use that type of language.:)

Top Bottom