Uke cases?

wannaplay

Reaction score
I have two tenors that I would like to buy cases for. I would prefer a hard case, that is reasonably priced, since I didn't pay a HUGE amount for my ukes, but the Lanikai cases don't look very...case-like, despite their lower cost. I have a Lanakai 21T and an Oscar Schmidt OU2T.

Any recommendations?

I have two tenors that I would like to buy cases for. I would prefer a hard case, that is reasonably priced, since I didn't pay a HUGE amount for my ukes, but the Lanikai cases don't look very...case-like, despite their lower cost. I have a Lanakai 21T and an Oscar Schmidt OU2T.

Any recommendations?
I'm going to say

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lanikai-Tenor-Ukulele-Hardshell-Case?sku=541607

I have the concert size and I really like it. It's not too heavy and is pretty durable.

Any recommendations?

I would email or give MGM (musicguymic) a call...he'll be able to set you up with whatever your looking for and ship it at a reasonable price...and super fast too!!

Last edited:
I think the Lanikai cases (pictured below) or similar ones are probably the most inexpensive way to protect your instrument. You can step up to a Fremont case or a Ko'olau for about $80-$100. Check with MGM for availability.

Lanikai
HS_UC-C.jpg

Freemont
UTC-S_case-open.jpg

Ko'olau
case1.JPG

As far as a reasonably priced hard case, the lanikai is probably going to be your best bet. If you want to go for something more case-like, there's always something like this, but its still quite a bit more expensive for a pretty ugly case. Once you hit the $80 mark or so, things get interesting, but if cost is an issue, I'd stick with the Lanikai and maybe get some patches for it or something, and give it some soul.

Spend a little extra and get a nice hardcase (O'ahu, Ko'olua, Fremont,Kala to namea few) that way when you get a better uke lt will have a nice home.

case

check BUTLER MUSIC on Ebay, thats were i got mine. Gave me a great deal, good price and beautiful case

Top Bottom