Jeff Quijano - While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Cover)

<~/UkeDude\~>

Reaction score
Hey UU, I got to play in my schools talent show this past Friday and I was the most Awesome experience in my life!
I played "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" and I got 1st place! ! ! ! ! :D
It's was the most amazing thing ever :)
Here's a link to the vid, plz watch it and leave me comments (criticism is welcome), anything to help make me a better ukulele player ;)

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=33199779

congratulations Jeff. the uke wins again!

funny how there was some initial random laughter. then they probably were all mesmerized for the rest of it. good job!

uke wins alllllll

I have a talent show and ill play dragon up on stage, so i need to get a ukulele that can be plugged in to the amp.. oh and i need an amp.. and the plug which will make it possible.. haha!

but congrats bro - :)

congratulations Jeff. the uke wins again!

funny how there was some initial random laughter. then they probably were all mesmerized for the rest of it. good job!

Haha yeah, I honestly think that was the best part lol xP
I had so many people coming up and telling me "I had no idea that was even possible on the ukulele!"
Haha I love it when I can get that reaction out of people
When I play, I always hope that I can inspire at least one person to learn the ukulele. If I've done at least that, I feel that I actually may have done a somewhat decent job haha xP

uke wins alllllll

I have a talent show and ill play dragon up on stage, so i need to get a ukulele that can be plugged in to the amp.. oh and i need an amp.. and the plug which will make it possible.. haha!

but congrats bro - :)

Thanks brah, hearing that from you guys at UU, means a LOT :D !! !
Oh hey UkuLeLesReggAe, I heard that if you play dragon, it helps to have a compresson pedal.
Don't hold me to it, but from my understanding it may help the hammer-on/pull-off part of the song more audible:confused:

Outstanding performance UkeDude!! I loved how they were cheering you on when you got to the really fast part.

I was supposed to play the ukulele in the talent show this tuesday with my friend on the guitar and we'd sing somewhere over the rainbow by IZ but my ukulele was supposed to come weeks ago and its backordered so i got a diff one. But yea now im not playing the uke in it but it will still be pretty good!

anyways, Congratulations to you, I'm sure you inspired a few people out of that crowd to take up the ukulele! i know I would be inspired after that!

Thanks brah, hearing that from you guys at UU, means a LOT :D !! !
Oh hey UkuLeLesReggAe, I heard that if you play dragon, it helps to have a compresson pedal.
Don't hold me to it, but from my understanding it may help the hammer-on/pull-off part of the song more audible:confused:

I wouldn't doubt it though :D Ill see if mi school got a pedal..

why did everybody laugh just out of no where.

it doesnt load the whole way for me. anybody else?

really good man. it seems as if you made a little bit of your own feel in it. THAT is what i love, and THAT is what music is about.

Great video and congrats on taking home 1st place!

I am curious what was you learning process was for learning this song. Did you sit down with the tablature, learn it from listening to the song, some other way??

Thanks again for sharing

Last edited:
Awesome job man! It must be cool to perform that song in front of a lot of people.

Awesome performance Jeff.

Jeff can confirm but I believe he had a copy of the weeps tab to work with initially but it is obvious he has watched other performances of the master and incorporated those and other elements into the arrangement. I'm with Fred, I think it is great the way you put a bit of your own spin on what has become a rather predictable song.

I consider Jeff one of my long distance students as we have corresponded about some of Jake's other arrangements. It's great to see results like this and there is more to come from Jeff for sure.

awesome performance! i could never do that and play in front of a crowd like you did. great job on winning 1st place too! that's another small step for the ukulele.

Man, that was an awesome performance. One of the best versions of the song I've seen. How long did you practice before you got to that point?

Great video and congrats on taking home 1st place!

I am curious what was you learning process was for learning this song. Did you sit down with the tablature, learn it from listening to the song, some other way??

Thanks again for sharing

Haha thanks brah!
Uhh, my learning process is. . .
If I can, I find tabs for the song I'm learning (if not I try to improv)
Then I try and memorize the git's of it, you know enough to be able to kinda be able to play it thru all the way
Then I just practice and watch youtube videos of people playing it, and take the stuff I like and incorperate it into the way I play it.
And over some time I eventually get it down, and yeah that's how it works for me lol.
I hope that answers your question haha xP

107195.gif

Seriously though. That was a great cover! Congrats! Way to show that crowd what the uke is all about. :D

Top Bottom