Broken finger joint on Baby Taylor guitar

rogue_wave

Reaction score
Caution Non-Ukulele question:

I pulled out my old Baby Taylor today. This was once my favorite. It was fun to play and had a great sound. I used to keep it in my office to play with during the day

A wile back, a colleague set it down poorly and the guitar fell on its face. The headstock separated from the neck, totally cleanly! The finger joint is exposed and it doesn't seem like any significant wood is missing. Other than that, the guitar is in pretty nice shape.

I hate to turn my back on it, though the uke really has my heart anyway. Any suggestions as to whether it can/should be fixed. I didn't want to just
hit it with the wrong kind of glue and really screw things up. I guess I could start searching for a broken Baby with a good neck/headstock.

Thoughts?

Send it back to Taylor - they need to know that this joint is not the answer to the shortage of wood. There are other ways to conserve wood - look for North American alternatives for a start instead of raping the forests of South America. Alder was used extensively in the 20's, 30's and 40's for catalogue guitars.

Send it back to Taylor - they need to know that this joint is not the answer to the shortage of wood. There are other ways to conserve wood - look for North American alternatives for a start instead of raping the forests of South America. Alder was used extensively in the 20's, 30's and 40's for catalogue guitars.

Pete, I know- this is totally a bogus build method. Even worse, is if they are going to use this joint- my question is where was the glue. I would have assumed that the joint would have been a mess. It is in fact too darn clean.

Ill take some pics. I appreciate the input.

Sorry to hear about this Rogue.

Not to add salt to the wound... now you know why I would never buy a Taylor.

Top Bottom