2009 Best Vocal Performance Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
Nominations are now CLOSED for this category. Thanks to everyone who nominated - stay tuned for the 2009 Ukulele Underground Awards voting page!

2009 Best Vocal Performance Nominations
Best vocal performance in an ukulele video.
Things to consider:
- Skill (how well the song was sung)
- Expression (how well the performer(s) expressed the song audibly & visually)
- The WOW Factor (did the performer(s) make you say “Wow” (or similar substitute) while watching the video?)

------
Remember:
Nominated videos must incorporate the ukulele in some way, shape, or form. The person who originally uploaded the video must be playing an ukulele in the video (audibly).

Videos must have been uploaded (for the first time ever) during 2009.

Anyone is eligible – you don’t have to be a UU Member to be nominated.

If you nominate someone who you think is worthy of an Ukulele Underground Award, please inform them that you have nominated them, to give them the opportunity to decline the nomination if they so choose.

Please nominate videos in the category that BEST fits that video (where it has the greatest chance of winning).

Last edited by a moderator:
At Last Cover [Shake Your Soul Contest] by schuermurrman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ueo1bWjlyzc

Schuermurrman knocked this one out of the box in my opinion. It takes courage to cover an Etta James song, but it takes even more to do it justice. And do it justice she more than did. Her voice in this video is amazing. Youtube has its limits with sound quality but she blew all that away. One of my most watched videos of the year. This song was the inspiration for me using it as my first dance at my wedding. If I had access to the MP3 in Hawaii I would have used her version over Ms. James! In her vocals you can hear a lot of SOUL. The video was also amazing but the song can stand on its own. Just amazing.

There are many nice VOCAL performers on UU, Lisa is also amazing!!!!

d

Last edited:
I don't know if claire is a member , but this is a fantastic voice, i watch this a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHAmbvMFLHc

WOW!! This one left me speechless. I am in complete awe.

All the ones listed so far have been amazing. But, I'd like to throw a couple more out here for consideration:

Missing Mississippi Mister sung by kendrakorshak

Little Peace Song sung by ukeyermind

So far this category has been dominated by the ladies...so it was time to give props to the dudes.

they are all fantastic so far but i still can't look past clair de costa's la vie en rose, it is jaw droppingly good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom