Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Welcome . . .

Hello everyone, I'm glad to welcome everyone on the forum about ukulele! I hope for a pleasant conversation!

Hello to all ukulele lovers !!! I am learning to play Arthur on the ukulele.

Hi there! I finally signed up. I am a newbie here from Florida, I hope I can learn way more stuff on this site

Hi AnnaHarper, and welcome to UU!
    I'm in FL too, a member of the Tampa Bay Ukulele Society. Where in FL are you?
    Maybe someday we'll hook up, jam a little....
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Hi, I'm Jason from the UK - arriving late in life to learning anything musical, but I have been inspired by a friend's playing one evening after a few G&Ts to have a go. Currently, I'm working through Bernadette's 30 day Ukulele Challenge as a start - "Have You Seen The Rain" has just crashed my progress . I'm looking forward to getting to know the instrument better, making a tune that sounds like one and learning how to strum a pattern and sing at the same time - how do you do THAT????

Quote Originally Posted by GojuRyu5 View Post
    Hi, I'm Jason from the UK - arriving late in life to learning anything musical, but I have been inspired by a friend's playing one evening after a few G&Ts to have a go. Currently, I'm working through Bernadette's 30 day Ukulele Challenge as a start - "Have You Seen The Rain" has just crashed my progress . I'm looking forward to getting to know the instrument better, making a tune that sounds like one and learning how to strum a pattern and sing at the same time - how do you do THAT????
    Welcome to UU, Jason!
    There are many things to learn, and it doesn't matter if you start as a child or when in retirement. Some things might take more time later in life, but you'll most likely also know what you want to learn. Enjoyment and fulfilment will be important, and those two goals can be achieved even with only two chords (Jambalaya, Achy Breaky Heart, etc).
    After the 30 Day Uke Challenge you can stick with Bernadette and try her 30 Day Uke Course. This will be a big step up, but some people really want to learn fingerpicking patterns. I disagree with many learners, who would agree that you need to play for a year or so before getting into fingerpicking. Delve into it immediately after you master the most important chords.

There are many other teachers on YouTube. Cynthia Lin, Vasko (from Ukulele CHeats), Ukulele Zen, Matt Dahlberg are my favourites. Listen to Hawaii Music Supply The Ukulele Review Podcast on YouTube to learn about uke history, uke builders, set-up and what not. The journey has many legs...

Hi everyone!

I'm Luca, from Italy.
    I've started out as a piano player when I was a kid, began playing classical guitar at 28 and rocked out with an electric guitar at 30.
    I also play ocarinas and was now looking at giving an ukulele a shot!

I fingerpick my electric guitars, I just never came to terms with picks so I'm looking forward buying an uke for strumming and fingerpicking as well and I'll be opening a new thread shortly asking for recommendations.

Finally, I love and play all music genres, from classical to metal, although my heart is in the blues and classic rock.
    I'm really looking forward seeing how I'll manage to transpose and adapt songs I love to the uke!

Thread Information