Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Welcome . . .

Thanks for the warm welcome. From the heart of Wisconsin, near the Mississippi River.

Hello everyone!

Hello from a total n00b. Maybe some day I'll be able to tiptoe through the tulips, but that day is far off.

Thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to learning a lot from everyone on the UU forum.

Welcome to this site.

Thanks loads for the welcome. Loving it already.

Hi Uke community,
    In February I purchased a Baritone kk Uke in Honolulu, I play classical guitar, charango and acoustic guitar. I was lucky to find this uke in a reasonable price. Joined this forum to learn more about tips on how to make the baritone kk sound better, hope to find here or someone can guide me or point me to a step protocol to setup, strings and tunings.
    Look forward learning and exchanging information.
    Please, contact me if you have a guidance doc or other materials regarding baritones.
    Thanks for the opportunity to join and learn from this forum.

Hector,
    2007-kk baritone
    Adamas & 80’s Ovations
    Classical and charangos.
    Strings

Welcome to UU, Hector.

What kind of sound are you after? Do you want it to sound different from your guitars and charango? Which genres of music do you plan to use it for?

I'm not an expert on baritones, but I'll share my opinion:

I only have a cheap one that probably could improve a bit. However, after nearly a year I've only replaced the G string as the original snapped after only a few weeks of very little play. The original strings were D'Addario EJ87B titanium. I temporarily put on a Brown Worth low G and it's still on there.

I like normal DGBE tuning, but there are many other tunings to try out. Other, more experienced baritone players will have proper suggestions and advice for you.

Thanks for the nice welcome Ms Bean,
    Latin jazz and ballads is what I am after. The baritone has a different sound, the box is smaller compared to the classical guitar and wood gives definitely a different tone. I like the sound of normal tuning DGBE and enjoy playing the uke by comparing the sound of the nylon classical. I came across that tenor uke strings have been used on baritones with the normal baritone tuning DGBE (J71 D'Addario Pro-arte -clear nylon- tenor strings) these strings appear not to be longer available by the company. I wonder if anyone on this forum have used tenor strings or any other variation of strings. Any baritone experience players have any suggestions or advice?
    Hector

Hey! Not sure if this is where I should be posting this. I am building a solid- body electric uke, and I can't find any pickups anywhere that are built for this purpose and are in my price range. any ideas?

Thread Information