Vitauke build...

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
Not a very detailed video but a quick shot of my mono go-bar deck for one-offs. This is a really nice build. Cutting the performing seal holes went well as did the side bend and binding.

Ever wondered why so many vintage Vitaukes have the bridges hanging off? All will be revealed tomorrow as I put this little puppy together without a back!

I love watching your videos, Pete...so - the finger: was it a casualty of this build?

Yep - I was feeding some 1/4" ash sticks (the go-bars) into my thicknesser and one got between the anti-kickback 'fingers' and kicked back. As you do, I grabbed the stick: it bruised and burst the skin near the pad - not serious or painful but annoying enough to need strapping up up to stop me bleeding all over the work.

No washing up the dishes, getting it wet but I keep it dry for 2 days and it will have grafted itself back together. 30 years of minor cuts like this has taught me a do-it-yourself surgery that sees me virtually healing completely within 3 days. I have very good circulation...

Looks great!

I'll bet you are pretty upset you don't get to wash dishes... ;)

Top Bottom