The Brotherhood of the Travelling Ukulele

NukeDOC

Retired Mod
Reaction score
ok guys so this is how this is going to work. i have this ukulele. its a beater. but it works. i used to bring it to work to practice. so it does its job. doesnt do a great job. but like i said, it works. :D

so i am going to choose from the many people on this forum. probably about 10, maybe 15. the people i choose are up to my discretion because i would hate for the uke to be lost in the process (more on this later). so for the most part, the people that the uke will go to are the people whom i personally feel i can trust with this task.

so what is the task?

after i have chosen the individuals i will post up their UU screen names on this thread. this will give them the opportunity to opt out of this if they cannot participate. no pressure.

once i have confirmed the participants, i will set up the order of who gets the uke first. of course, thats me. i will take video of me signing the uke and playing it, and post it on youtube.

i will then request the mailing address of the individual after me... and only that individual. this will help avoid having a bunch of people's addresses that are known on the internet from floating around to who-knows-where.

the next individual will then take video of signing and playing. oh and feel free to say some sort of message or whatever you feel like. post that video on youtube as a video response to my original video post. tag the video with "brotherhood of the travelling ukulele" and (if i may have permission to do so from UU) "ukulele underground". then you will request the mailing address of the next person, only, and mail it to them for them to repeat the process.

eventually the uke will come back to me. by that time i will have found some way to set up a contest to see who actually gets to have the ukulele in the end.

the contest will be open to everyone. so im not quite deaching this particular uke. but imagine having an ukulele signed by some of the most influential members of this forum and youtube ukulele icons!

i will be putting the names of prospective participants together shortly. so stay tuned!

OK HERE ARE THE NAMES:
1. NukeDOC -
CONFIRMED while with me, i will sign the uke. and i will get my brother BUGOY CONFIRMED to sign it too. i would get the whole band in on it, but there wouldnt be any room left for anyone else! hahaha

2. Aldrine - while its with you, could you please get rayan and DanyoCummings to sign it as well? oh yeah TitoBoy too!

3. Dominator - CONFIRMED

4. Fred_Miu - CONFIRMED

5. Davoomac - CONFIRMED if you and EleoCasil
CONFIRMED are down for this, i would love to have you guys as part of it.

6. tsud123 - CONFIRMED and hopefully chronosxd and ndtitanlady as well!

6. Ukulele_Junkie - CONFIRMED if you dont mind getting jello CONFIRMED to sign it too, that would be cool since im sure you guys are together enough.

7. Seeso - CONFIRMED

8. Deach - CONFIRMED can't keep this one away from you bruddah. you were the inspiration behind all this "deaching" hahaha. do you have a youtube account? well if you dont, then this would be a great opportunity to actually see the person behind all this giving.

9. GX9901 - CONFIRMED George, cant forget you dude. your reviews have really inspired and guided a lot of people in their quest to find the right ukulele for themselves. plus, we've dealt with mail before so i know i can count on you to get the uke back to me once you're done with it.

to the rest of the great people here in the Underground, if i didnt include you PLEASE dont take offense to it. i wanted 15 people tops, and i think i even went over that. if i could i would want to get everyone. hell, i would have loved to take the uke to the jam session here in SD and have everyone sign it. but there just isnt room. sorry.

if any of the people i mentioned cannot commit to this please let me know either in this thread or through PM. also, i realize the costs of shipping, so i tried to group people up as much as possible in hopes that everyone could chip in toward the next destination.

Last edited:
Great idea dude! As long as it's signed by Seeso... I'm sure anyone will be goin nuts about that contest. I like the spirit of deaching hahaha. We're gonna deach that Tenor Kala soon. :D

Great idea dude! As long as it's signed by Seeso... I'm sure anyone will be goin nuts about that contest. I like the spirit of deaching hahaha. We're gonna deach that Tenor Kala soon. :D
oh fa sho' seeso is on that list! hahaha

seeso, you bettah not back down! :p:D

i really like the idea! and im sure this is deach-worthy lol. this would really go with the current UU contest's theme with where the uke will go

ok guys, the list is out. check out the original post. looks like there are 18 names on there. so if a few have to back out, its still all good.

Cool idea. Question about the list - will the ukulele be sent in that order? That would be cool because I'd get to play a ukulele that was played by a lot of my uke heroes!
yeah thats the order it will be going in. so you would want to give your mailing addy to seeso, and request an addy from gx9901.

Hey it sounds like fun. I'm honored to be on the list. It'll be the closest I'll be to ukulele immortality.:D

Nuke Doc...tell us everything....make updates please and everyone in the FAMOUS UKULELE PLAYERS LIST too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to you all!!!!!!! :D

rad idea. i got kinda nervous, thinking...dude if he puts my name on there then that totally sucks! even though i knew deep down in my heart that my name wouldn't be there.

i can't wait to see this in action!

Very original idea. I like it! I'm excited to see all the videos everyone will post! and hopefully see deach in action!

this is an awesome idea! cant wait to see at the end with everyone's videos and such. :)

Nuke. I am offended that I did not make your list:D Just kidding...I can't do videos yet anyways......yet. Got my mac recently though...ha.

Super duper cool idea man....I know you were inspired by the great Deach, but great work anyways!

Top Bottom