The Brotherhood of the Travelling Ukulele

i wish i had money to add in a 4th ukulele, but sadly im too poor of a college kid to do so. but i cant wait to recieve them when they come!

wow Dom! that is really cool. If those ukes make it to Guam i'm DEFINITELY adding another ukulele into the mix! Are you all reusing the packing materials the ukes come in?

Are you all reusing the packing materials the ukes come in?

Yes, I used the same packaging that Deach sent me. There was enough room for me to sneak in the OU2 but if will require an additional or larger box to package any additonal ukes.

just in case, here is the address to the initial video which shows all the video responses to it so you can check them out and keep track of whats going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K8r2dOBSeE

i have also updated the info in the sidebar to include the names (mostly) of the people who have signed the ukulele so far. what an incredible list already.

i have also decided on how im going to let these babies go...

in the ukulele marketplace:
there will be an auction for all three ukulele (or however many we end up with at the end of this project, thanks to dominator for setting that trend hehe). the auction will continue for 1 month from the day that i start it. payment will be recieved via my personal paypal. after receipt, and only after, i will have the ukulele mailed out to the winner. i will post a video on it on youtube, and would appreciate others involved to post videos to it as well to get more traffic on it, as the auction will only be open to REGISTERED members of Ukulele Underground. it will be a totally public auction so your bid will be visible by all. the money received will be donated to the ukulele charity of DEACH's choice.

for out of country bidders: please keep in mind that the money to ship the ukulele to you, if you win, will come out of the bidding price. so unless the bid is in the hundreds (or thousands) of dollars at the time of auction close, i might need to ask you to pay for the shipping also, on top of the bid for the ukulele.

all these rules and any others i can think of by then will be posted on the auction in the ukulele marketplace.

If everyone adds a uke, shipping is going to be a financial nightmare for some. what if the ukes go their separate ways and eventually all end up in one place?

If everyone adds a uke, shipping is going to be a financial nightmare for some. what if the ukes go their separate ways and eventually all end up in one place?

Was thinking exactly the same thing. To ship just 1 uke its already around 30-40 bucks. Spreading them out everywhere might be a good solution to spread the cost of shipping.

Also, heres a map, for your photoshop pros to update with the travels

travelinguke7-8-09.jpg

So I just checked the updated list on NukeDOC's video. I see that Jason Arimoto has not signed yet.

If it's cool with you Fred, how about shipping at least the Oscar Schmidt over to me after you sign it? I can have Jason sign it at the Luau. I'm pretty sure Monique (xticklesmilex) and Dustin will be there. Maybe Wade Johnston, too.

I'll track down HoosierHiver, too.

better yet, if you have the ukulele and you see that its already full, just PM and send it back to me. that way the full ukulele arent floating around and sucking up shipping costs. ill hold on to them (like thats a problem for me, right deach?) till they all get signed up (however many we end up with) and then we can start the auction.

ummm sisterhood? how about we hold hands on this one and combine the ukes that you have put up so they can continue on with more autographs?

Fred has taken delivery of the ukes this morning. They are making their way safely through CA.

Fred has the two original ukuleles. I have the OS that Dominator donated. Fred came to Chicago and we made the video. I've been waiting on editing that video until the CG project was complete. Now that it's done, I'll edit the video and upload it ASAP.

I'm taking the OS with me to either Indiana (if I go), and/or Milwaukee, to get more ukers to sign it. After that, I'll make a decision as to who gets it next. I think the next recipient will depend on who signs it in Indiana/Milwaukee.

I don't know what Fred's doing with the two original ukuleles. He's in Huntington Beach right now. He slept over at dominicfoundthemooon's place last night.

Fred has the two original ukuleles. I have the OS that Dominator donated. Fred came to Chicago and we made the video. I've been waiting on editing that video until the CG project was complete. Now that it's done, I'll edit the video and upload it ASAP.

I'm taking the OS with me to either Indiana (if I go), and/or Milwaukee, to get more ukers to sign it. After that, I'll make a decision as to who gets it next. I think the next recipient will depend on who signs it in Indiana/Milwaukee.

I don't know what Fred's doing with the two original ukuleles. He's in Huntington Beach right now. He slept over at dominicfoundthemooon's place last night.

as of right now the two ukes are at my house... i made a little video with fred last night.. we were up til 4am...

i know i will be seeing a few folks along with AG on the 11th... should i pass them to AG next as he is headed to SD after HB and i think that is your local NUKE..

as of right now the two ukes are at my house... i made a little video with fred last night.. we were up til 4am...

i know i will be seeing a few folks along with AG on the 11th... should i pass them to AG next as he is headed to SD after HB and i think that is your local NUKE..

perfect. once i get those ukulele back ill keep um in my truck for safe keeping

i mean....

ill set them aside in a safe place where i can let the other ukulele join them eventually so that i can PROMPTLY (i hope) send them out to their new rightful owner.

Top Bottom