Thread: Room for a soprano?

Default Room for a soprano?

So a buddy of mine is going off for a few months to travel the world. He's expressed an interest in the guitar. I was thinking it could be pretty cool to get him a little soprano, so that he could maybe take it with him abd learn it on his travels. He'll be in hostels and I think it would be a pretty cool thing to get out. Something like a makala or ohana sk20?

What do you guys think? Will a uke be too much to carry?

6sc

I would suggest a Kala travel uke. Give S.U.S a ring on 01202 399019 or vist the site at www.southernukulelestore.com. Even better you could visit, it's in Bournemouth, Dorset, only one county away.
    Last edited by luapelele; 12-02-2009 at 03:02 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

That's a very good suggestion from Luapelele. I bought my Kala Travel uke from SUS. They are great to deal with, and the uke is one of my favourites. Makes me want to travel- I should get out more!

John Colter.

It all depends on how much you want to spend.

in the $50 range I'd suggest a makala
    in the low 100 range, a kala travel uke gets a lot of praise
    if you can swing a little more, like 170 or so, I'd strongly suggest a flea, which is a super durable ukulele with great sound.

Fluke concert | Honu traditional tenor (TR-KRGT) | Kala KA-Watermelon | Lanikai spruce top 6 string (O-6) | Mainland mahogany concert-slotted headstock (CMM-CGH) | Stagg electric-gibson style (EUK L-SB)

Thread Information