Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Just doesnt seem fair....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tenn.
    Posts
    263

    Default Just doesnt seem fair....

    I have been pickin on this lil ukulele for almost a year now & as of Monday finally convinced my "stay at home mom" girlfriend to give it a whirl....Well as I am at work she texts me & asked what the chords were for some adam sandler song & I just realized....She gets to play & practice all day while im at work!.....I have a tough time squeezing an hour or so a day in......just doesnt seem right....Im working the days away & shes strummin the days away.....jees louise....aint right I tell ya just aint right!

  2. #2

    Default

    If she was looking for the chords for "Medium Pace", they're C, G, F, G and C.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Wow lucky her! What I wouldn't give to be able to play uke at work (lol).
    ~ jimeh

    Facebook

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles - The Foothills
    Posts
    3,979

    Default

    If she is a Mom, she has a job and a half... with no time off. I am sure the ukulele is a necessity for stress relief. And, as a bonus, she might be much more inclined to allocate extra recreational money for more ukes. And, the young one might end up playing too. Imagine yourself in a 3 uke band! It's a good thing.

    For you, bring a uke to work, and play during lunch. That's what I do.

    –Lori

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tenn.
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    If she is a Mom, she has a job and a half... with no time off. I am sure the ukulele is a necessity for stress relief. And, as a bonus, she might be much more inclined to allocate extra recreational money for more ukes. And, the young one might end up playing too. Imagine yourself in a 3 uke band! It's a good thing.

    For you, bring a uke to work, and play during lunch. That's what I do.

    –Lori
    She truly does have a job & a half...I dont know how she keeps it all together....I tell ya Id be lost without her....she keeps me grounded. Its really cool cause I dont know any other Ukers in town so now I have a jammin buddy & to top it off she can sing really well which i cant...lol...I am glad she picked it up!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spazus_maximus View Post
    Its really cool cause I dont know any other Ukers in town so now I have a jammin buddy & to top it off she can sing really well which i cant...lol...I am glad she picked it up!

    This opens up a whole world of fun, believe me. Me and my honey spend our weekend mornings singing and playing together out by the backyard lake, to an audience of ducks, herons and squirrels. Ain't nothin' better.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    This opens up a whole world of fun, believe me. Me and my honey spend our weekend mornings singing and playing together out by the backyard lake, to an audience of ducks, herons and squirrels. Ain't nothin' better.
    Wow, that sounds like some back yard you got there. When I play in my back yard, I'm lucky if a flock of crows fly over, and they're a tough crowd - best to be under an umbrella when they start dropping their "requests," if you know what I mean...
    Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana - Two octaves and the truth!

    http://www.youtube.com/ukecantdothat

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Midlands GB
    Posts
    2,346

    Default

    A woman's work is never done...........................

    Ukantor.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    295

    Default

    You're happy to have a girlfriend who shares your musical interests. Play together: it's the most fun the two of you can have. Well, second most...
    Wanna play something you don't pluck for a change?
    www.busmanwhistles.com

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ukecantdothat View Post
    Wow, that sounds like some back yard you got there.

    Yeah, we're pretty lucky. Here's the view from the hanging swing where I do most of my uking.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •