Your Virgin Song

pdxuke

Reaction score
Thought it might be fun to hear what you learned as your very first uke song :)

Mine was HOME ON THE RANGE.

Thom

Accentuate the Positive

I learned it from Coveywood on Youtube.

Five Foot Two... Grandma's favorite song. She played it a zillion times on a 30s model Johnny Marvin Harmony uke, which I have now.

The intro to 'Postcards From Italy' by Beirut. Odd, because it includes a hammer-on which is a little complicated for a first stab, but because it's a song I like a lot it was instantly satisfying and encouraging.

'Losing My Religion' also made me smile because I could here it coming even when I couldn't play a thing. If you're brand new and like REM, give it a stab, it's fun.

This Land is Your Land.

Vic D: Do you know of a good tab/chart arrangement of your g'ma's favorite? I'd love to learn that song.

Hi,
5 foot 2 was my first song, too. I restored a banjo uke that been on my wall for 13 years. The day the strings arrived, I found Marcy Marxer's tutorial on YouTube.

That was October. I've now joined the "uke a month club". Mahogany concert, Kamaka soprano, and a Kamaka tenor is waiting for Christmas.:drool:

Back in the 70s, I learned Swing Low Sweet Chariot and When Johnnie Comes Marching Home. Don't know which was first. Didn't touch the uke until Oct. 2, '09. Then it was what else but Somewhere Over The Rainbow.

for uke it was the lion sleeps tonight by the tokens, then wipeout

on guitar I think it went seven nation army, free falling, wish you were here

haha niiice thread!

um i believe mines was Forgetful Lucy from 50 First Dates!

gooood times! :D

Amazing Grace. Played it till my fingers bled...

not really, but why not a little bryan adams ref?

Ahh...you never forget the first. :D

Drop Baby Drop - The Manao Company
&
Honey Baby - Three Plus

I was learning them at the same time cause they have the same chords, haha.

Top Bottom