Whats your Ukes Name?

on my avatar from left to right.
F.O.B., Meshelle, and Kala. Don't know what my new ukulele's name is yet.

hahaha this is a good thread man. I don't have a name for my ukulele. BUT I did name some of my guitars.

[party-pooper]

I never saw the point in naming inanimate or non-anthropomorphic objects. Instruments, cars, whatever. They don't come to you when you call out to it. They're not like a pet or anything like that, so what's the use?

[/party-pooper]

Ayọlele

Mine is named Ayọlele, it's a mix between Ayọ (witch means "joy" in Yoruba, witch is an African dialect) and, of course, ukulele.

The names of mine are
Saprano= Li'i Mele ( small song )
Kala Tenor= Kai kua'ana ( older brother )
Tenor= Hana Lima Ia ( Made by Hand )
Can't remember if the second one needs spaces in the word, but o well.
and, yes yes, I know that they aren't female names, but so what, these names just fit.:D

Aloha
Acabooe:cool:

Since mine is a mango Fluke, it goes by the name of "Mange" in front of people, and "Mangy" when it's just the two of us.
But perhaps it s just in need of a good rub with a microfiber cloth.

The soprano in my contest video is named "Bub" since it is constructed out of bubinga wood. Ugly little bugger.

I have only soprano and tenor uke and botth named ukulele :nana:

I named my ukes:

epiphone soprano - haley
kala tenor - brooke

both after one tree hill characters :p

I'm not cool enough to name my ukuleles... But my violin is called Vinny. Any ideas for ukulele names? I'm thinking Homsar for my new Kala Tenor.

The only instrument I've owned that I named was an early 70's Fender Stratocaster. I named her "Honey" after a strippe.. I mean, an exotic dancer, I met. The name was fitting for both of them.

I'm afraid I'm with misterlee on this one. Don't see the point. I do find it fascintating though that so many other people do. Maybe I should try it though. Maybe that's why I can't play like Aldrine......... cause I haven't named my ukes yet........................yeah that's it..........

shaniqua....... nah im kiding, her name is Isabelle.... nah, I dont like that......
uhhhhhhh, what the heck, how about Robert, there we go, his name is Robert.

I call my uke marley.
After my favorite musical artist and one of the biggest inspirations in my life.\

R.I.P. Robert Nesta Marley

I guess if I had to name them...

Mahalo u30 - Incredible Hulk

Kala KA-FMC - Keith? :confused:

Last edited:
Top Bottom