Iron Man

For big movies like that you watch CAMs? wow, when Its a highly anticipated movie like that I always watch it in the theater or wait for the DVD. Watching it with terrible video and audio just takes away from the whole experience.

Yeah, ususally I do, but I heard from a lot of people that it wasn't worth it, and I'm really tight on the wallet lately after i crashed my car so I decided not to pay 12 bucks at the movies lol.

Last edited:
Yeah, ususally I do, but I heard from a lot of people that it wasn't worth it, and I'm really tight on the wallet lately after i crashed my car so I decided not to pay 12 bucks at the movies lol.

foreal? top movie at the box office not good enough? highest rated super hero movie? ;)

edit: WHOA its 12 bucks to see a movie in canada???????

Last edited:
Dude, this movie kicked ass.

I was hoping Seeso would post his thoughts. don't have to say who, but are there any characters that only people who read comics would know? The x-men movies do it a lot.

I was hoping Seeso would post his thoughts. don't have to say who, but are there any characters that only people who read comics would know? The x-men movies do it a lot.

I think most of the characters in the movie only comic book readers would know. Including, to a certain extent, Iron Man himself.

Iron Man wasn't the most popular dude inside the world of comics, much less outside its world. Things have changed a lot after the super hero civil war, though. Iron Man has been the director of SHIELD for a while now. He's the top cop in the world, and he hasn't been this interesting since he was an alcoholic. He's popping up in every comic now.

I think in order of known to unknown, the characters would be ranked like this:

Tony Stark/Iron Man
James "Rhodey" Rhodes/War Machine
Happy Hogan (Favreau's role)
Pepper Potts
Obadiah Stane/War Monger
Nick Fury

There was a subtle set up for a future villain, the Mandarin, in the movie as well. Did anyone catch that?

foreal? top movie at the box office not good enough? highest rated super hero movie? ;)

edit: WHOA its 12 bucks to see a movie in canada???????

haha 8.50, and 5.50 on tuesdays, but i always have to get popcorn... so i say twelve haha

How can some of you say that Robert Downey Jr. wasn't MADE for this role? For one, Tony Stark (NO "S"! STARK!) is portrayed in the comics by someone who has bouts with severe demons (drug abuse, alcoholism) all in front of the public eye. Robert Downey Jr., in a way, HAS LIVED Tony Stark's life. He's had numerous run-ins with the law and his own drug problems and has found a way through the obstacles that impeded his career. I honestly couldn't have found a better person for the part.

Anyway, to the movie: Awesome. Pretty decent blend of all the different arcs of the Iron Man story. Next movie is DEFINITELY going to be awesome with War Machine in it.

I agree, misterlee (hey that rhymed). The most pitch perfect actor cast in the role of a superhero since Christopher Reeve as Superman.

Agreed, this movie was my favorite super hero movie yet, followed closely by Batman Begins. On a side note the day before I went to see this I was doing spring cleaning and going through my old comics and I found out that I had War Machine #1 in there! I was pretty stoked.

Top Bottom