Thread: Chords like Cm, D,Eb9 etc

Default Chords like Cm, D,Eb9 etc

how do you guys play those chords? 3 of my fingers will not be able to fit under one fret =[ any techniques?

for D i bar the g c and e strings at the 2nd fret with the pad of my middle finger, leaving the a string open....some people have trouble bending their finger that way though, give it a try

Yeah, that's the key for those sorts of chords. You don't put three fingers all on one fret.

You put one finger on one fret that covers three strings.

JJ
    "Talent is just a pursued interest. In other words, anything you are willing to practice, you can do." -- Bob Ross

For the D chord; I'll use my middle finger or ring finger depending on what chord comes next and barre the G C E strings. Sometimes, I'll use my index, middle and ring fingers on the 2nd fret of the G C E string. For the Cm chord, I'll use my middle finger and barre the C E A strings. Same for the Eb9 chord. You just gotta find what's comfortable for you and practice using them.

Nana ka maka; ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
    pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes; listen with the ears; shut the mouth.
    Thus one learns.

Quote Originally Posted by revlin702 View Post
    how do you guys play those chords? 3 of my fingers will not be able to fit under one fret =[ any techniques?
    If you want to play D with 3 fingers, I put my index finger on the C string, middle on the G, and ring on the E. You can put your index finger higher on the fret and kinda just fold the other 2 over it in a sort of G7 shape.

If you are still having trouble with the D you can just bar the 2nd fret and play it 2225 with your pinky on the 5th. I would only recommend playing it that way depending on the song and if it is easier to get to from the previous chords. If you keep taking the easy way out you will never learn. I play my D with 3 fingers using the technique above, works great for playing an A on guitar as well, good luck to ya.
    ~What can Brown do for you?

Thread Information