Thread: Help with new strings?

Default Help with new strings?

I own a Mainland Uke, and I just purchased new strings and cant figure out how to tie the knot for the tie-bar bridge.

This video here will help you out

http://ukuleleunderground.com/2008/0...-your-ukulele/

There's some good videos out there if you google it. When I first learned it was from a video but I dont remember which one. I'll see if I can explain what I do in text form.

For my mainland, I take the string, run it through the hole of the bridge. Make a loop out of one end and run the other end through the loop and pull it through. Once you have the one end (which will be going through thr tuning peg) pulled through the loop, take the string end of the loop and twist it around itself 2 or 3 times. Then you can hold the side that you twisted and pull the long end towards the nut and it will tighten down, right to the bridge.

Aldrine has a video where he does it if you just search for it on the UU homepage. Hope this helps!!

EDIT: Melissa and Seeso already beat me to the punch. The Aldrine vid I mentioned is the one Melissa linked up.
    Your pal,
    ~Dustin~

Mookulele ~ Kala Travel Tenor "Kaleakani" ~ Mainland Slotted Mahogany "Paula" ~ Mainland Honeybee ~ 1960s Martin "Style 0" (family heirloom) ~ and a couple others...
    "Sometimes people try to stick labels on me, but I have kinda oily skin, so they just fall off."-SailorQwest
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." -Friedrich Nietzsche
    - Facebook - Twitter - Come SUB me, baby!!!

what he said!

First time I ever did tie bar knot, I just copied the route of the next string along that I still hadnt taken off.

Now its just a case of "round the back, then through and around a couple of times - pull tight"
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert, Brüko walnut soprano

I do the same but first I tie a knot in the end of each string. That way, if the string pulls through, the knot stops it.

Thread Information