Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Request review of Mainland Ukuleles

Default Request review of Mainland Ukuleles

i U.G. Friends,

I bought my 1st ukulele about 3 months ago and It hooked my hard. I love playing it. the day it arrived I went down to the kids play room once they went to bed and started playing. 5 hours later I realized 2 things. 1st I found the outlet that I have been looking for. Second i had to get up in 3 hours! I truly enjoy playing and wish I had bought 1 years early, but at least I bought 1.

I had decided to step up to the next quality level of ukulele. My beginner ukulele is a Lanikai LU-21 Soprano Ukulele which is an awesome started ukulele but I want to move up but I don't want to spend $1,000 or more on something a Martin or Kamaka (at least not yet ). I found a ukulele named Mainland Ukulele, but i can not find many reviews on it. Can any one give me anything they know about the company and the instruments? I like the fact that their prices and I also like that they are solid Mahogany. They look beautiful but have no idea how they sound and play. I do not know of any dealers in my Area, (New Jersey) So I am going to the Ukulele population hear on Underground Ukulele. Can anyone please offer any info about Mainland Ukulele? I look forward to hearing from anyone and everyone. Thanks,

Sincerely,
    Rob

Default reviews for the Mainland ukulele company

Hi U.G. Friends,

I bought my 1st ukulele about 3 months ago and It hooked my hard. I love playing it. the day it arrived I went down to the kids play room once they went to bed and started playing. 5 hours later I realized 2 things. 1st I found the outlet that I have been looking for. Second i had to get up in 3 hours! I truly enjoy playing and wish I had bought 1 years early, but at least I bought 1.

I had decided to step up to the next quality level of ukulele. My beginner ukulele is a Lanikai LU-21 Soprano Ukulele which is an awesome started ukulele but I want to move up but I don't want to spend $1,000 or more on something a Martin or Kamaka (at least not yet ). I found a ukulele named Mainland Ukulele, but i can not find many reviews on it. Can any one give me anything they know about the company and the instruments? I like the fact that their prices and I also like that they are solid Mahogany. They look beautiful but have no idea how they sound and play. I do not know of any dealers in my Area, (New Jersey) So I am going to the Ukulele population hear on Underground Ukulele. Can anyone please offer any info about Mainland Ukulele? I look forward to hearing from anyone and everyone. Thanks,

Sincerely,
    Rob

I've only heard good things and I'm sure one or two people here will give you some info.
    Kala ka-st
    Big Island Ukulele BI-MXE-TRC

Try the search function here and on Youtube for "Mainland ukulele".
    -Alan (UKISOCIETY)

My muse.

thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by Rzr View Post
    I've only heard good things and I'm sure one or two people here will give you some info.
    Mainland's seem to be awesome and will be the brand I buy next.
    Kala ka-st
    Big Island Ukulele BI-MXE-TRC

Yes, if you do a search, you will get an ton of threads from satisfied customers. Mike at Mainland is great– really good customer service. I have two Mainlands, and I think they are excellent for their price.

–Lori

You are in the right place - the more you read on this forum, the more you will find people recommending Mainlands. I have a Mainland Concert and I absolutely adore it.

Mike, the proprietor is a member on here too (Hoosier)
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

As suggest in your other thread, if you do a quick search you can find a bunch of reviews. The word is very positive. In fact, it's going to be my next purchase.

http://ukuleleunderground.com/forum/...archid=1212703

Review:

Mainland kicks all kinds of booty. Hard.

Happy shopping!

"Everything I do gonh be funky from now on" - Allen Toussaint.

Thread Information