How did you end up here?

i've been searching for ukulele building info and voila, google lead me here :eek:

A search for banjo ukulele research was what sent me to this forum.

Gosh, I don't even remember. I've been lurking since last July, and finally joined up last night. But often, when Googling about some ukulele topic, I'll put "Ukulele Underground" in my search, just to see what UU has to say on the topic.

What a great board; very helpful!

Last edited:
Jefferson, Donarrow

I started playing the baritone uke a month ago (years of playing bass and guitar) and am unable to put it down now. I was looking for info on music stores in the Wisconsin USA area that actually carry a wide variety of Ukes and not just one or two token nods, so I ended up here looking for help and just getting immersed in ukuleles in general. I want to find a good baritone but want to actually play it before I buy it.
anyway, nice to find find this site and hello!

Hi everyone!

I was Googling to update our details, as I've just taken over as webmaster for our club.

We are the People of Lewisham’s Ukulele Club (PLUC). If you're local to us, we're an open & inclusive club, so feel free to pop along to our weekly strumalong - details at http://lewishamukulele.wordpress.com/.

I think I was on YouTube and stumbled upon Aldrine's Uke Minutes.

All my Google searches and video watching kept leading me to UU. Thank You Aldrine!

Uke Minutes!

I was trying to learn how to chunk as well as other strumming techniques. Aldrine's Uke Minutes were the answer and lead me to this site!

What lead you to the Ukulele Underground? Youtube? Myspace? Friend? Share!

i was looking for a place to sell ukuleles and Mr. Google introduced this site to me. It was the word "underground" that hooked me. I am a child of the sixties and anything underground is good for me. However, the idea of a ukulele marketplace was the clincher. Thanks for being there/here.....?!!

I was searching for Kurt Siegel to ask him another ukulele question, because he was incredibly helpful with my beginner-level questions when we were hanging out at WisCon earlier this year. I found him here. This seems like a good place to learn things, so I registered. Hi!

I was searching for Kurt Siegel to ask him another ukulele question, because he was incredibly helpful with my beginner-level questions when we were hanging out at WisCon earlier this year. I found him here. This seems like a good place to learn things, so I registered. Hi!

It is a great place to learn, Elise. Out on the main page, ukuleleunderground.com, there are the Ukulele Minutes, which are short lessons on everything from restringing the uke, to strum patterns, to chord information.

Really worth looking at, if you haven't done so already.

-Kurt​

I ended up here because I went to hawaii and decided that I was going to make my own ukulele instead of paying a couple hundred dollars to get a quality uke. So far so good on the process but needed some insight from some more experienced builders

Hello!

What lead you to the Ukulele Underground? Youtube? Myspace? Friend? Share!

What lead me here is that every search I've done (nearly) on ukulele questions, UU pops up! Which is a good thing!
I took 10 years of classical piano a lifetime ago and have always been in love with the sound and the joyful aspect (to me) of the ukulele, so after researching nonstop for several days, I decided on the Lanikai SZW-TCA Solid Zebrawood Tenor Cutaway. I'm excited to receive it by Friday! :drool:

This is a great forum, and I look forward to learning a lot from all of you!

Top Bottom