How did you end up here?

Came across this site by accident , I started playing with the ukulele about three months ago to pass time during this virus stuff. Didn't realize how addictive they are ! I've played the guitar for many years , which has helped me a lot. I have made several new friends ! I now have one of each size including a vintage banjo uke. I am waiting on my second Tenor as I type. I favor the tenor size . Thank You for the acceptance !

Hi, Well I retired a while back from the mess that I created at work.... since then I have been engaged in manufacturing various weird instruments and the like. It is very therapeutic to be honest. I have a wealth of band performing over many years, originally on percussions/drums, but morphed onto guitar many years back. Arthritis is now taking a hold in the digits, so chords etc can be a painful process to play, so I went onto slide guitar techniques. I like to think I got rather good at it in a performance level anyway. This has opened up an entire 'new' musical sphere for me. I regularly perform at 'open mics' with various resonators etc, some people there play Ukulele's quietly with singing all rather shakily. I come in with my raucus racket, and the entire thing tends to get foot tapping strength. Many of the Ukulele players seem to enjoy it all that much more as a result. We converse a lot, and the question of Baritones came up. especially with myself attempting to make my own version of a resonator Baritone. This will no doubt be another unique structure that has precious little to do with conventional Uke's, but that is the way I like it. soooo..... I joined up to see what I can learn...????? thank you for letting me in...... I reside on the Eastern side of England about a couple of miles away from the coast, in fact I often walk the dog there from my house.......

I had so many questions answered with a Google search sending me here, I just had to join. Since I have a small collection of a variety of ukuleles, I thought it best to seek out like minded people with experience to rely on.

Hello, I like to play ukulele and sing as a hobby for the last few years. I found the site looking for what is out there as far as solid body, metal string ukuleles or build kits so I can shred with old guitar pedals that I have. I'm lurking and reading threads on the subject.
Looks like a good site for uke related info all around. i probably won't post often but I'll be lurkin'.

Google search brought me to this forum. I am new to instruments. I like the sound of guitars but I picked the Uke, pun intended, since it only has four strings.

So, I got into an intermediate stage at playing the guitar and then decided to start playing the ukulele as well. I signed up in this site to keep myself motivated during the first few months.

heyya!

What lead you to the Ukulele Underground? Youtube? Myspace? Friend? Share!

I've never even been on a forum since aol lol
yet, after a local music store, Rainbow Music, announced it was retiring after since like the 70's (I picked up my first bass there in 86!), I finally picked up my first Taylor (acoustic guitar). The owner gave me a free copy of Ukulele magazine. When I left, I realized I forgot the magazine, so I went back in. I noticed he had about half a dozen ukuleles' on a rack, I never noticed. I decided to pick up a Makala on the fly for like 150, with a pickup. I never played one before, but suddenly it seemed like a real fun thing to try. So, as soon as I picked it up, well, it is all I have been playing. I have been playing like hours every day. I haven't been this happy with an instrument since forever. I don't even play the Taylor, maybe an hour at most, no joke. I quickly picked up a Kala all maple Tenor (the Makala was a concert size) It fits my hands great and I just love it. I am seriously considering trading in the Taylor at this moment for another real nice one Haa!

Hi,
I am a new player, I heard a mention of the forum in a baritone Uke review by Vic Schmertz.
And loved the UU.

Last edited:
Legally blind

hi: I'm brand...My name is Carol..not sure where to post this...
Are there any members here that play ukulele that are Blind.
Would love to chat with them...Carol caradon@telus.net

A long time member here with new account. Just checking to see if I can post. I have been frozen out by the moderator approval glitch.
Brad

Top Bottom