How did you end up here?

I have played bass guitar for 29 years, and got a really cheap lousy ukulele sometime after George Harrison died. He's what got me interested in ukulele to start with. I messed about with it a bit and then stuck it away and forgot about it for several years. For some reason last December I pulled it out again, and started looking on Youtube for ukulele videos and instructional things. I quickly realized that my ukulele was not very good (I have since given it to my 5 year old nephew). So I poked around on eBay and discovered MusicGuyMike and got a Kala Gloss Mahogany Concert. UAS followed shortly thereafter and now I have 11 ukes. I am gradually getting better at playing the thing, but I've always had kind of a collector mentality since I was a little kid. I am totally enamored with this instrument (I do still love playing bass and count myself lucky to get to play what I think are the two coolest stringed instruments there are).
I discovered UU when I saw some of Aldrine's instructional things on Youtube. I had never really looked at the website much until the last couple of weeks or so, and decided to sign up tonight.
Uke on!

All my buddies on youtube wear those ukuleleunderground shirts.. I thought I should check it out and see what's what.

i was on ukulele-tabs.com and saw the "top 50 ukulele sites" thing. i was curious what other sites there were, so clicked and found this one at #2.

How did you end up here?

I booked a Princes Cruise to Hawaii a a birthday gift to my wonderful, amazing husband. Then, as I was perusing the cruise boards for information on what there was to do on the ship I saw that they have ukulele lessons. I thought that looked interesting and fun so I googled ukelele which let to online ukulele lessons which led to Aldrine Guerrera and UU!

i was on ukulele-tabs.com and saw the "top 50 ukulele sites" thing. i was curious what other sites there were, so clicked and found this one at #2.

Me too.... I was looking for some Songs and found the Underground. And after i see theres a forum there was no return;-)

I'm a long time lurker and also subscribe to UU on YouTube. Looking to get serious about playing my Kamaka Uke I purchased last year. Thanks for providing this site!

Google led me to Aldrine's YouTube vids, which, in turn, brought me happily here!

Kidnapped by aliens, when I awoke I was here.

I bookmarded UU a couple of years ago when it's only content was a statement of what the site was going to be. I recently opened that bookmark and was amazed at what the site has become. Great job!

Ukulele Lovin'

Google!

I've recently picked up a ukulele for the first time (February 6, 2010) and I've yet to put it down... except when I'm at school and work. I played the violin for some time (about 4 years ago), but lost interest and I've recently tried playing the acoustic guitar, but I had a big problem with going from chord to chord (I have small hands and a full size acoustic). When I first picked up the ukulele, I just knew it was going to be forever love!! The soprano is the perfect size for me ^______________^

i just typed in UKULELE in google and i eventually ended up here last weekend. already i've learned a lot from aldrine - he's pretty cool. i already have uas.
peace---jd

me too! just picked one up a week ago, haven't stopped with the aldrine lessons and mike lynch on youtube (highly recommend). where do you hail from?

Iv been Lurking for about a Year now , reading and learning about Ukulele's . I spend a few months each year in Hawaii surfing and catching up with friends ( I live in Melbourne Australia) this is where i grew to love the Uke !

could never figure out how to use a pick. plus like most peole were saying, small handed people get drawn to this beautiful instrument.

i first landed on hawaiimusicsupply's lessons cuz i bought my first uke from them. and saw the chuck lesson (which looked a lot like ani difranco's percussive style of guitar playing with no pick just fingers) at that point i was hooked!

it wasn't much longer after that i came across a song on youtube that had uu as a link.

Top Bottom