How did you end up here?

I was surfing the web looking for Ukulele lessons and wound up here.

So far, I've been having a lot of problems with server issues (pages not loading and going to an error page). I hope that's not typical, as it wouldn't inspire me to spend much time here.

I picked up a ukulele and my wife and I want to learn to play this instrument. She plays piano/keys and I have gotten back into playing guitar and some percussion.

A Google search led me here. It was the top result from my search.

I first heard this site mentioned when I took a trip to Hawaii with my wife. We ate dinner at the restaurant at the resort we were staying at, and our waiter told us that the next evening there would be live ukulele music. It piqued my interest, so I went back to see the show and got to see no other than Aldrine Guerrero and Aaron Nakamura perform. Needless to say I was hooked! I bought a uke, and in my quest to get better I found the UU+ site, which has been a great resource. And so here I am to talk ukulele.

Hiya,
I got my first ukulele (my precious tenor, Enya EUT-M6) about two years ago. I've never thought that ukulele-ing could cause such a strong addiction! Though I'm still learning and slowly progressing.
As for this forum - it was my friend's recommendation, but then I lost the link when my computer died. And by some providence google helped me to find you again. So I was a silent reader for a long time, and just decided that it's time to join.

Last edited:
Time after time when I Googled a question I ended up here. I figured it was time to try and give something back and here I am.

Ditto. All ukulele questions lead to the same place...underground.

I am brand new to this forum. I’ve been playing the ukulele since 1/1 19 and love it. I’ve bought two ukes one a 6 string Kala, one Bruce Wei concert. I am looking for one to purchase for outdoor use while traveling in RV. I’m looking at Outdoor and Klos brands. Is this where I can ask questions about what others would recommend? Thank you!

I’ve been playing the ukulele for over a year and have decided to start building them. I’ve started my first build and I found this site while looking for building tips.

Google searched yesterday and got sucked in for a couple hours so made my account today and I look forward to the conversations and education!

I found the site totally by accident! I was googling about George Harrison and ukuleles (as he was such a huge fan and collector of the instrument) and this site popped up. (Maybe he's a secret member...)

Lots of Ukes. Lots of Questions

What lead you to the Ukulele Underground? Youtube? Myspace? Friend? Share!

Hi folks,
I have been collecting and playing old stringed instruments for the last fifty years so I have quite a few. Not just ukes but guitars, banjos, and mandolins as well. I found this forum as I was looking on line for information about a 1920’s Washburn ukulele I recently bought. Unlike the little Martins of the same vintage, this one has a handlebar mustache shaped bridge and is missing its bridge pins. I wondered if someone on this board would know where I could buy a set today. Can you use guitar bridge pins?
My dad and I played ukulele duets from Mel Bay song books back in the 50’s and I want to share some of this fun now with my grandkids.
Thanks,
Banjo Bill

Last edited:
Trying to find an answer to one of my "obscure" (UKE!) questions? :p
(I did check with Google (as many things) to refresh my memory...)

Searching around the internet for questions about all things ukulele. I am sure google was the search engine route.

I have been learning guitar since this past April and I just purchased a Martin T1K tenor ukulele last week and have been searching everything I can on the internet to learn how to play it, and I heard about this forum from a guitar forum that I belong to and decided to check things out on here and I like what I see and hear on here so I joined and I look forward to learning from all who are willing to help in any way.

Top Bottom