Page 50 of 84 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you end up here?

Hi everyone!

I was Googling to update our details, as I've just taken over as webmaster for our club.

We are the People of Lewisham’s Ukulele Club (PLUC). If you're local to us, we're an open & inclusive club, so feel free to pop along to our weekly strumalong - details at http://lewishamukulele.wordpress.com/.

I was looking for some ukulele forums to help me out (just starting to play), and google gave me this.

Quote Originally Posted by 14kremz View Post
    I was looking for some ukulele forums to help me out (just starting to play), and google gave me this.
    Same thing for me.

I think I was on YouTube and stumbled upon Aldrine's Uke Minutes.

All my Google searches and video watching kept leading me to UU. Thank You Aldrine!
    Just an old dog trying to learn new tricks . . .
    =======================================
    ddanner SOTU VIDEOS: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...wjRMd7fqE9vEv2
    ddanner ORIGINAL SONGS: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...h4b1ScxqSX_UGP

Default Uke Minutes!

I was trying to learn how to chunk as well as other strumming techniques. Aldrine's Uke Minutes were the answer and lead me to this site!
    Kara Square is a nerdy ukulele singer-songwriter.
    http://www.karasquare.com

Quote Originally Posted by rayan View Post
    What lead you to the Ukulele Underground? Youtube? Myspace? Friend? Share!
    i was looking for a place to sell ukuleles and Mr. Google introduced this site to me. It was the word "underground" that hooked me. I am a child of the sixties and anything underground is good for me. However, the idea of a ukulele marketplace was the clincher. Thanks for being there/here.....?!!

I was searching for Kurt Siegel to ask him another ukulele question, because he was incredibly helpful with my beginner-level questions when we were hanging out at WisCon earlier this year. I found him here. This seems like a good place to learn things, so I registered. Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by LionessElise View Post
    I was searching for Kurt Siegel to ask him another ukulele question, because he was incredibly helpful with my beginner-level questions when we were hanging out at WisCon earlier this year. I found him here. This seems like a good place to learn things, so I registered. Hi!
    It is a great place to learn, Elise. Out on the main page, ukuleleunderground.com, there are the Ukulele Minutes, which are short lessons on everything from restringing the uke, to strum patterns, to chord information.

Really worth looking at, if you haven't done so already.

-Kurt
    Banjo Ukes: Southern Cross, Firefly, Stella
    Sopranos: Donaldson, Timms, Moku, Waterman, Bugsgear, Outdoor, Waverly Street, Harmony
    Concerts:Cocobolo #460 &#412, Ohana CK450QEL, CK-65D, Rosewood Vita, Mahogany Vita,
    Donaldson Custom, Epi Les Paul, National Triolian Reso, Republic
    Tenors: Kala KA-KTG-CY, KoAloha Sceptre, Fluke, Cordoba 20TM
    Bass: Fluke Timber

Am I done?

...Maybe?...

My YouTube Channel

I ended up here because I went to hawaii and decided that I was going to make my own ukulele instead of paying a couple hundred dollars to get a quality uke. So far so good on the process but needed some insight from some more experienced builders

Thread Information