How did you end up here?

I was shopping for my first ukulele and comparing different models and reading some reviews. This site popped up a lot so, I thought I'd check it out.

I was looking for a place to ask questions about the uke!

I already have a question how do I start a thread?;)

Hey all, long time lurker here who finally joined!

To answer the thread question, I ended up here because I've been playing ukuleles for a while now, but always as kind of an accessory instrument to guitar and piano. Lately I've been taking more of an interest in really learning to play the ukulele well, and just learning more about the manufacturers, history, and musicians, so this seemed like the forum to join. Also my wife is from Hawai'i and I've visited several times (and procured a couple of ukes along the way).

Just got some wood to build my first uke. planning to tap in the members knowledge :)

I looked across the wilderness and saw the light.

Never played an instrument in my life. While at the science museum I saw a ukulele that someone built. I do woodworking for a living had extra wood and spare time to research. While teaching myself how to calculate frets being a math geek it made me think of my hero who once said.... If you want to understand the universe think in energy resonance and vibrations. " Tesla" instantly fell in love now I'm in Luthiery school Neve looking back.

Sorry I ended up here through a Google search I couldn't figure out why my solid body tenor with a magnetic pickup didn't work with my acustic strings. You all set me on the right path.

Well since a tenor sax makes quite a noise I was looking to something a bit more quite :D

I tracked through BAZ and ended up here.

Thinking about an budget 'crooked but adjustable' Uke for some diy or building one from scratch.
Just reading the forum, such a wealth of info.
Thinking I'll visit the cigar shop soon....

Looking for the light—through love & the ukulele.

Got the love. Now I need to improve the ukulele playing.

My beloved wanted to learn to play an instrument that would be accessible to the grandkids, and settled on the ukulele. She got herself a Kala tenor, and I started messing around with it, too. My stepdad (now passed) learned of this, and had reached a point due to health problems where he could no longer play, so gave me his 1930s vintage Martin S1 to have for my very own. (It was some time before I learned what a princely gift that really was!) Anyway, been playing about a year; I'm still pretty much completely retarded, and I'm having a ball! Playing the uke and singing (badly) makes me happy, and that's all that really counts, eh? (And, yeah, the little Martin plays great!)

From searching online for ukulele instruction. A number of people on other sites referred to UU as a great place to connect for generous advice, instruction and community. So far, they were all totally right!

I was searching around for information about ukes that are fancier than I need for my skill level.. found the forums. ;)

I don't know. I really don't. I just looked up from typing one day and here I was.

;)

Ok, I think I got here from one of those "Top Uke Sites" sites.

Last edited:
I was searching around for information about ukes that are fancier than I need for my skill level.. found the forums. ;)

I agree... I've discovered that what I actually like about guitars, basses, and ukes is more related to the visual aesthetics than anything!

I googled something and a thread from this forum popped up as a search result.

Top Bottom